View Full Version : Lineage

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

02-09-2005, 07:49 PM
Hmmm... I got to looking for any links to find a sensei's lineage. I couldn't find any on this. Would it be possible to get a page where lineage could be easily followed or at least posted, I dunno, what do you guys think? How about it Jun? I tried to search and looked around and around. And couldn't find anything. But on to what brought all this on! I am wondering if anyone knows of the training lineage of Hugh Young Sensei (4th Dan) of Utah Aikikai. Any help would be wonderful!!! Thank you so much. :confused:

02-09-2005, 08:17 PM

02-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi Jay,

I think that what you're suggesting is interesting and certainly possible in the AikiWiki (http://www.aikiweb.com/wiki) here on this site.

As far as Hugh goes, I know him personally and have trained with him as well. He's a good guy with some interesting insights into aikido. I don't think he's in Utah any more, last I heard, although I could be wrong.

-- Jun

02-10-2005, 04:57 AM
I saw on their website (utahaiki.com) that Rick Berardini has become head instructor at Utah Aikikai... so Hugh Young probably isn't teaching there anymore.

10-19-2005, 04:10 PM
I was in one of the early crops of students to join when Utah Aikikai opened in 1994, but left Utah in 1998. I am currently trying to reclaim ties to my first instructor, Sensei Hugh Young. Does anyone have any contact information on where he is currently instructing?

Jim Summers

10-20-2005, 01:25 AM
a quick google search brought out that Hugh Young apparently is listed on www.aiki-extensions.org, resides now in Salida, CO, where he also has a listing at www.coloradomedation.org.
Hope this helps (thanks to Google, of course)