PDA

View Full Version : Irish and Welsh dojos for a visit

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Lan Powers
01-20-2005, 07:45 AM
Hi folks,
Just a quick question to the group, my wife and I are planning to take a visit to Ireland this coming year (around November).
I was looking for dojos in the Emerald Isle for a visit while there...Any folks that would appreciate a couple from Texas coming to practice and have fun?
We have a friend, (non-aikidoka) who lives in S. Wales who we will be seeing in this trip also, so the same question applies to the S. Wales area........

Thanks in advance, I'll look forward to meeting you. :D
Lan

jimbaker
01-20-2005, 08:10 AM
You'll find that *everywhere* in Ireland is welcoming!

Take a look at http://www.aikidoinireland.org/ for dojos in Ireland.

Have fun!!

Jim Baker
Aikido of Norfolk

Dazzler
01-20-2005, 08:38 AM
Hi Lan

Whereabouts in south Wales?

We've a couple of dojos in Cardiff and are 'just over the bridge' in Bristol.

I'm sure you'll be welcome anywhere (but don't call the dojo 'quaint')....

Cheers

D

bennettdjr
01-20-2005, 11:19 AM
I know that in Cardiff there are a few dojo's but as far as I am aware the majority of Aikido that takes place in S.Wales is done in sports centres.
dave

Lan Powers
01-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Hi Lan

Whereabouts in south Wales?

We've a couple of dojos in Cardiff and are 'just over the bridge' in Bristol.

I'm sure you'll be welcome anywhere (but don't call the dojo 'quaint')....

Cheers

D

Hi Daren, and all!
The place in Wales is "W.Glam" in S. Wales....ring any bells?
We have never been there before, but have a friend to connect with there . Looking forward to the visit.
Cardiff , Bristol, whooo hoooo all the places to go and visit!

Thanks to all the replies, I have no doubt that we will be welcomed all over!!
"cheers" :D
Lan

justinm
01-21-2005, 03:58 AM
If they are in West Glamorgan, I know Swansea University has a club as I've been over to visit (but didn't train). Part of the BAF (British Aikido Federation). It is an Aikikai club.

http://www.swan.ac.uk/AU/aikido

Justin

Yann Golanski
01-21-2005, 04:29 AM
http://www.aikido-baa.org.uk/clubs/skenfrithshodokan.htm

This is Robert Forrest-Webb's dojo and if you have a chance to train with him, he is awesome and very friendly. He's a seventh dan as well, so he's quiet good.

Lan Powers
01-22-2005, 02:54 PM
Thanks folks!!
I am saving up all the locations to go and visit!! It will only be a matter of WHICH ones I can hit!! :)
I am SO hoping this trip comes to pass...it would really not be a good day in my home if it fell through at the last minute....Honey, guess what....No, Honey, Honey! Put that down...etc.

Many thanks for the consideratness of the responses. :ai:
Lan

Taliesin
01-23-2005, 06:37 AM
If it helps from a geographical point of view W.Glamorgan (the old county name before reorganisation) basically covers Swansea and Gower, Neath and Port Talbot areas - I'm not sure how many of these include W. Glam in their addresses. Anyway away from Aikido i recommned you go and see the Gower. hope this helps .