PDA

View Full Version : Aikido Applied

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

fatebass21
01-13-2005, 05:28 PM
Can everyone give me some examples of when you used Aikido in a real life situation. :) Just curious. Thanks.

Don_Modesto
01-13-2005, 05:37 PM
http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/search.php?

Try e-budo.com and aikidojournal.com, too. It's been asked a lot.

Good luck.

David Humm
01-13-2005, 05:41 PM
Six years working in Cat A prisons here in the UK.

Sokumen Irimi works a treat when approaching from the flanks.

mj
01-13-2005, 06:27 PM
Well Dave a 'side' irimi from the side is surely a direct irimi, no? :confused:

David Humm
01-13-2005, 06:47 PM
Depends on the perspective but I would agree... It was just easier to describe the technique from the circumstances I've used it.

I've also done katakatame on the leg of a prisoner who was resisting the 'encouragement' to stop choking one of his fellow inmates, worked very well. :)

p00kiethebear
01-13-2005, 08:25 PM
i once saw this bee, and like, i didn't do anything to make it angry, thus i was blending with the bee, and i didn't get stung and that was like, totally aiki and stuff...

David Humm
01-13-2005, 09:33 PM
What, like you did a no hands throw and moved the bee with your Ki ?

Or was the bee a Soke 10th dan and perhaps didn't want to engage you for fear of being found out lol :)

Don_Modesto
01-14-2005, 01:02 AM
i once saw this bee, and like, i didn't do anything to make it angry, thus i was blending with the bee, and i didn't get stung and that was like, totally aiki and stuff...

Would that be, ahem, MUSUBEE ?!

...sorry...

dion
01-19-2005, 10:23 PM
Well nothing like a dark alley against four attackers but I did once get choked from behind from a guy I knew but he wasn't playing so I had to headbutt him in the face, elbow in the gut and then blended out of the grab I stopped there because he backed off, pretty lame really.

I was once at a show watching a band and there were three bouncers trying to get some aggro guy down, they couldn't get him down and they kept running into me so I took his leg out to lend a hand, hey, I just wanted to see the show.

True story, I was at a party once and these two guys decided that I'd be the guy to pick a fight with, well they both came at me and I just slid to the side and re-dircted them. They ran into eachother and then came at me again at that point the entire party jumped in and broke it up.

All pretty lame and nothing to be proud of.