PDA

View Full Version : Shudokan uk/Yoshinkan

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Ian Watkinson
01-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Hi,
As a potential beginner to shudokan uk could anyone tell me the difference between shudokan uk and yoshinkan style of aikido, as this has no ties with the yoshinkan.I have read the history on the websites but it is vague and doesn't say there is a difference.
thanks
ianitaw@yahoo.co.uk

xuzen
01-11-2005, 07:42 PM
Hi Ian,

Shudokan UK is a branch of Shudokan Malaysia, which is a Yoshinkan styled aikido school. Hence shudokan is one of many satelite dojos available around the world that teaches the Yoshinkan sylabus. PM Siwilson (one of the regular poster here) and he will provide further details.

Boon.

Ian Watkinson
01-12-2005, 12:56 PM
Thankyou for the reply.
regards
ian

Taliesin
01-18-2005, 04:14 AM
Actually Ian

I think you'll find that whilst the syllabus is quite similar to Yoshinkan it is not exactly the same. BTW where are you thinking of training, just out of curiosity.

Ian Watkinson
01-19-2005, 01:19 PM
Actually Ian

I think you'll find that whilst the syllabus is quite similar to Yoshinkan it is not exactly the same. BTW where are you thinking of training, just out of curiosity.

Thanks for reply.
I am hoping to train under Ken Robson at the Nottingham Shudokan club.
regards
ian

Taliesin
01-23-2005, 06:26 AM
Cool that's where I train. I can say our syllabus was developed after our Sensei spent a month training with Sensei Joe Thambu in Australia, but as I've never trained in the Yoshinkan style that's all I can say

Ian Watkinson
01-24-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks David hopefully all being well I will see you around, I go for my introductory lesson soon.