View Full Version : UK Dojo?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

ali og
01-07-2005, 12:34 PM
I will be traveling in March to York, England, and thought I might look into a training session or two while there. Can any of the AikiBrits help point me in a direction?

I checked the dojo search engine here, but it seems North America dominant (which works fine for my other trip to Montreal)...

Thanks in advance!

Liz Baron
01-07-2005, 02:55 PM
I think Yann Golanski's sig said he's based in York.

The British Aikido Board's dojo page for yorkshire is:

I have no personal experience of any of these though. Being from the other side of the Pennines, I'm supposed to avoid contact with dangerous aliens... ;)

David Humm
01-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Indeed Yan is in York !

If you travel into Lincolnshire (about an hour from York east bound) gimme a shout you'd be welcome to practice at our dojo in Grimsby; on the 26th March I have one of our association 6th dans taking a class for me (United Kingdom Aikikai.)

e. dave@aikido-database.co.uk
w. www.aikido-database.co.uk/higashikaigan

ali og
01-07-2005, 03:08 PM
Many thanks all...I'll look you up as I get closer to my trip.

01-10-2005, 01:51 AM
Hi Allison,

Here's the BAB dojo listing, you should be able to find something close there

If you're passing Milton Keynes on the way up, feel free to stop by us for a session (Monday, Wednesday, Thursday).

Yann Golanski
01-10-2005, 02:28 AM

Of course you are welcome to come and train with us. Contact me and I'll pas you all the details or look at http://www.york-aikido.org for more information.

Karl Dahm is teaching Aikikai at the university during term times only. He is really friendly and would not mind at all you coming and training there.

There's an Aiki Jijutsu club as well which trains in Tadcaster which is close by York -- if you have a car and 30 mins journey times is "close".

Yann Golanski
01-10-2005, 02:36 AM
Forgot to say... Anyone from this board is cordially invited to train with us at anytime where they are in the vicinity of York. Style, affiliations and all that are irrelevant. Bring a dogi, a belt (whatever colour) and start training.

Jason Tonks
01-10-2005, 09:34 AM
Hi Allison. Depending on your Aiki preference you could always try www.yorkaiki.btinternet.co.uk.
All the best
Jason T

Yann Golanski
01-12-2005, 03:03 AM

Please do come and train with us! You;re very welcome. We train at All Saints School now so if that's where you are going, great!

Just for the record one more time. There are two more Aiki clubs in York: Aikikai at the University and AikiJijutsu in Tadcaster. So, we have four Aiki clubs in one tiny town... silly no?