PDA

View Full Version : Aikido dojos in Iwakuni, JP

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

rylmar
01-06-2005, 10:00 PM
I am in the Marine Corps and am currently an active aikidoka training under Meade sensei at Camp Lejeune, NC. I have been given orders to Iwakuni, Japan for three years. I am asking for any guidance or information about any aikido dojos in the Iwakuni area. Thank you everyone.

Robert Lee
:circle: :square: :triangle:

Peter Goldsbury
01-06-2005, 10:20 PM
I am in the Marine Corps and am currently an active aikidoka training under Meade sensei at Camp Lejeune, NC. I have been given orders to Iwakuni, Japan for three years. I am asking for any guidance or information about any aikido dojos in the Iwakuni area. Thank you everyone.

Robert Lee

Mr Lee,

Are you affiliated to the Aikikai? It is not clear to me from your post. If so, there is a dojo in Iwakuni run by an instructor whose name I believe is Shinichi Tamura. I remember also that one of the instructors from Yamaguchi Kenshibu used to instruct at the Marine base. This was a few years ago and I do not know whether this happens now. Occasionally Marines used to come and train with us in Hiroshima, for Iwakuni is a very short distance away by bullet train.

Best regards,

batemanb
01-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Mr Lee,

Are you affiliated to the Aikikai? It is not clear to me from your post. If so, there is a dojo in Iwakuni run by an instructor whose name I believe is Shinichi Tamura.

Further to Peter's post, if you are not currently affiliated, it shouldn't be too much problem to affiliate when you get there, something I did when I moved to Japan :)

Regards

Bryan

rylmar
01-07-2005, 10:04 PM
I am currently a member of the ASU. Ultimately, I would like to keep my affiliation but I am aware that ASU does not reach into mainland Japan. I will be more than satisfied as long as I can continue my journey within Aikido. Thank you for your posts thus far Mr. Goldsbury and Mr. Bateman :) . I was stationed in Iwakuni in 96 and am very familiar with the Hiroshima area.

Robert