PDA

View Full Version : Throwing stars

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Short_Stack
01-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Where can i get some good/great throwing stars if found a couple at http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&SORT=&ITEM=ORIENTAL_THROWING_STARS&FDX=1&FMAX=10&SORT=PRICE_UP&ACTION=UPDATE_SORT . please help thanks in advanced

Brehan Crawford
01-03-2005, 04:51 PM
I have no idea about the real thing but my favorites were always hand-made out of construction paper when the teacher wasn't looking...

Lan Powers
01-03-2005, 06:04 PM
When working in a meat market, we discovered the aerodynamic quality of the "throwing porkchop®"
Not quite a throwing star, but effective all the same, in the hands of the Master/Mkt Mgr.
:) Good luck with your search. ( I recommend Albertson's.)
Lan

mj
01-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Tom Cruise, they say, has a nice throwing shape, and he is small and malleable.

Short_Stack
01-03-2005, 07:22 PM
anyone got a real answer :) lol

thomas_dixon
01-03-2005, 09:43 PM
Check at eknifeworks.com

Why do you want throwing stars anyway?

xuzen
01-04-2005, 01:24 AM
Check at eknifeworks.com

Why do you want throwing stars anyway?

To pin-up reminder notes on the message board and/or picture of Tom Cruise in bed room. Just a wild guess. I kid I kid.

Boon.

thomas_dixon
01-04-2005, 07:44 AM
To pin-up reminder notes on the message board and/or picture of Tom Cruise in bed room. Just a wild guess. I kid I kid.

Boon.

But throwing knifes look so much better when doing that...

garry cantrell
01-04-2005, 01:39 PM
good responses!!! ha!!

here are some thoughts:

1. sharpness isn't all that important if you're throwing at a pine or other softwood target. a dull, stamped, cheap, star can still cause lots of damage and will 4eeadily stick in pine.
2. stars can "float" over distance - so be very careful about where you practice.
3. most importantly - they are considered "illegal weapons" in quite a few, if not all, states in the u.s. and......just because you can buy them at your neighborhood martial arts store does not mean they are legal to possess. a number of states make it o.k. to sell items that qualify as illegal weapons - but make it illegal to possess same. so, check out the law in your area and make sure you're abiding by same.

garry cantrell
01-04-2005, 01:41 PM
and "4eeadily" is supposed to be "readily" doh!