View Full Version : Help Needed!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

12-16-2004, 05:50 PM
To all aikidoka:

My name is Charles Burmeister. I am an administrator with the Midwest Yoshinkai Aikido Association out of Chicago, IL. The Association was co-founded by Sensei(s) Hackett and James in 1963.

The association is currently looking for anyone who may have trained with these two gentleman and is in possession of video or pictures of them. They started with Kushida Sensei out of Michigan. If you have any information please contact me here or go to www.myaa.info and contact us through our website.

Many thanks in advance.

Charles Burmeister

12-17-2004, 02:05 PM
I just reviewed my post and relized that I was very vague! I am resubmitting my request for information that can help our organization. Thank you again.

Calling all aikidoka that may have trained with Robert Hackett
Sensei and/or Gilbert James Sensei.

The MYAA is currently searching for ANY video or pictures that
contain these two gentleman. They began their aikido careers under
the tutalage of Kushida Sensei. So...if any of the Michigan groups
(or anyone else for that matter) has any usable material please
contact Charles Burmeister here or go to the MYAA
website at http://www.myaa.info and contact me there.

Robert Hackett 4th dan Yoshinkan and Gilbert James 7th dan Yoshinkan both from Chicago, Il

Thank you in advance.

Charles Burmeister
System Administrator
Midwest Yoshinkai Aikido Association

04-03-2005, 04:09 AM
In an effort to continually search for and provide archival material pertaining to the MYAA and Yoshinkan Aikido in general...

I am renewing my plea for any info leading to materials of or people that have trained with senseis Robert Hackett, 4th dan, Yoshinkan or Gilbert James, 7th dan, Yoshinkan as well as any other MYAA instructors.

Either from the Chicago or Michigan areas where they would travel to to train with Kushida sensei (formally Yoshinkan).

Any and all information is appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

02-18-2006, 03:54 PM
I thank everyone who has replied so far. As always, we remain on the look out for any materials and/or information that can be of use.

With respect,