PDA

View Full Version : Wanted - Saito book

Please visit our sponsor:

spinecracker
12-05-2004, 02:52 AM
I was wondering if anyone could help me? I'm trying to find Traditional Aikido volume 1 (basic techniques) by M. Saito sensei. Does anyone know where I can get this book? I have volumes 2 to 5, and I would love to have the complete set.

Spinecracker :)

aikidoc
12-05-2004, 08:02 AM
Robert: Try half price books. Unfortunately, you are going to pay about $175. I have a copy but I'm not really willing to part with it. Although it looks like the entire set could net me about $1,000. Hmm. You might also try e-bay and other book suppliers.

Don_Modesto
12-05-2004, 11:54 AM
Robert: Try half price books. Unfortunately, you are going to pay about $175. I have a copy but I'm not really willing to part with it. Although it looks like the entire set could net me about $1,000. Hmm. You might also try e-bay and other book suppliers.

I picked up a paperback version a couple of years ago in Baltimore's Kiyota for about $30, IIRC. Might look for that if it's content you're looking for.

tedehara
12-05-2004, 02:12 PM
I guess we'll have to wait for the .pdf version to come out. I wonder if they have it at Kazaa?

:rolleyes: Sarcastic

Sue Hammerich
12-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Forgive me for my cluelessness but I am new to Aikido and am open to learning all that I can. Please tell me a bit more about this book set, "Traditional Aikido" by Saito Sensai. Do you recommend it for beginners? Does one have to have a really structured dojo for these techniques to be helpful? What do these volumes (five, I understand?) offer? I have been looking at the DVD and book reviews but this post sounded intruiging and dynamic. Do you know anyone who HASN'T found these volumes helpful, and why didn't they? Are there particular volumes which are more helpful for a "newbie"?
Thanks in advance for help, and for understanding why I am posting instead of just reading...
Thanks again and have a great day!
Sue

aikidoc
12-05-2004, 02:55 PM
Robert:

Ran across this on e-budo. http://www.e-budo.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27050. You might check it out.

spinecracker
12-05-2004, 04:28 PM
Thanks for the advice, guys. My ex-wife has my original copy of this book. It is the hardback in very good condition. I was checking online to see roughly what it would cost me to replace it and it looks like I'll have to cough up anywhere from $400 to $600! Perhaps I should have asked for custody of the book in the divorce papers??? :hypno: :crazy:

Spinecracker