PDA

View Full Version : More Shodothug,Yoshigoons, Aikielves etc

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

xuzen
12-03-2004, 09:49 PM
Following Zatoichi's brilliant parody of aikidoka and their alignment...

Shodokan aka Shodothug
General description:
Generally thuggish. Full of resistant. Very atheltic will charge around like teenage kid running on full hormone load. Hard to keep them down. Takes a strong Goon to keep them down. Fruities and Elves will have a hard time pinning them.
Weapon of choice:
Prefer Tanto or any short wooden stick.
Favourite quote:
Hakama? I ain't no need no stinkin' hakama.

Yoshinkan aka Evil Aikidoka, Yoshingoons or YoshiOrc
General Description:
Has sadistic and evil tendencies. Derive pleasure from pain of others and even their own kind. Their chief thinks pain makes them strong.
Weopon of choice:
Usually barehanded as their training toughens their limbs considerably. But when push come to shove they will resort to using Bokken and Jo. Although not as adept as the Fruits and Elves, but they can also do considerable damage esp to Newbie Fruits and Elves.
Favourite quote:
Ki? Ki are for Sissies

Ki Society aka Aiki-fruity
General Description:
Looks weak to an untrained eyes. But don't let their physique fool you. Their special attack will pulverize and any Goons or Thugs esp those executed by their elders. Their most infamous attack is the "Smiley Attack". Their beautiful and gleaming and serene smile will freeze Goons, Thugs or Elves on its track. Other noted attacks are the "Ki Fireballs" attack. By concentrating their Ki energy, they can project and hit an opponent without ever touching them and send them 15 feet back.
Weapon of choice:
Moderate knowledge of using weapon. This is because they rely on their Ki attacks. Young padawans are taught from young on how to use their mind to control their opponents
Favourite quote:
Ki is the mastery of the universe

Hombu aka Aiki-Elves
General Description:
Most beautiful of all the subspecies of aikidoka. Agile, Fluid and Grace are words that are usually associated with the Elves. Most flexible of the lot too. It takes considerable skill to successfully pin an Elves for their can slither away from your grab like slippery serpents.
Weapon of choice:
This subspecies of aikidoka are most adept with weapons esp with Jo and Bokken. Weaponship starts young. That which is lack in physiques is make up by their skill with weapons.
Favourite quote:
None

Yoseikan
General description:
Little is know about this subspecies. The author can only postulate that maybe their number is too small to make their presence felt. However what is known is their skills are derived from infusion with other foreign style. Some elders think that some alien technology such as Karate and Judo are adopted to enhance their combat ability
Weapon of choice:
Not known at time of print
Favourite quote:

Daitoryu Aikijutsu
General Description:
Rumour has it that this is the ancient form of aikido that once our common ancestors evolve from.However currently they are not consider mainstream aikidoka and no more will be mention of them
Weapon of choice:
Jo, Katana, Yari and most ancient weapons
Favourite quote:

This is the current compilation of the subspecies of aikidokas and is too thebest knowledge of the author.

Boon.

Joezer M.
12-03-2004, 10:22 PM
I guess introductions are in order, no?
OK, let me start...
I'm a 3rd level, chaotic good Aiki-elf, my main attribute is Dexter... errr.... Weight...
I already have the 'Hold my Wrist' feat...

Grab My Wrist: any creature who grabs the aikidoka's wrist will take double damage from the aikidoka's attacks as long as they are in contact.

and now I'm trying to get that last bit of experience to level up...

Hey, that was fun! :D :D :D

Regards,

maikerus
12-04-2004, 12:31 AM
This is hilarious. I can see it now...the evolution of modern Aikido into a Role Playing Game. No longer will it be "Grab my wrist" but "Roll my die!" :)

On the bright side, this will certainly cut down on the costs of dojo space and mats and even those hakama thingies. Think of the space we'll save when all we have to do is crouch down in small candlelit room and toss a die or two while the sage Sensei looks on and passes judgement in the flckering light based on archane lists that only they understand.

The only worry I have is whether the pain will feel as real when it's written down with numbers and jotted on a scorecard. Is paper pain the same as training pain? What about mat burn? How will we be able to enjoy that? and what about having your sweaty face pushed into the hairs on the tatami - will we have to give that up? Without real, physical pain how will become stronger? Will mental pain suffice? How will we enjoy injuries?

Twenty years from now we might be whining about how in the good ol' days we actually did Aikido on tatami! and how that made us strong. And how we enjoyed the pain...not like the fake pain we get from a number on a scorecard.

Anyway...I have to go. Now where did I leave my key? <looking around frantically>

--Michael, YoshiOrc :D

batemanb
12-04-2004, 03:03 AM
Hey Boon

Where do the Iwama guys fit into this :)?

xuzen
12-04-2004, 03:24 AM
I thought Iwama is the same as Aikikai? Sorry will try to come up with something. Any thoughts?

p00kiethebear
12-04-2004, 03:49 AM
At last, a way to get all my lazy nerd friends into aikido.

Elf, chaotic good
Level: 3

HP: 12

Strength. 16 (+1 to hit and damage)
Intelligence. 10
Charisma. 7 (-2 to lying and flirting)
wisdom. 12
dexterity. 8 (-1 all save throws and kaeshi waza)
Constitution: 17 (+2 to HP rolls, add ability "High Alcohol Tolerance")
THAC0: 16
AC: 8 (padded cotton dogi and hachi maki)

Weapon Profeciency: Ishi Yama ryu Katana and Bokken
Non Weapon Profeciencies: High Alcohol Tolerance (adds +1 to charisma for every shot over 3), Eating (add +1 to hit point regeneration for every 1000 calories consumed)

Weapons: Paul Chen Practical Plus Katana (1d8 +1)

favorite quote: "I'm SO going to enjoy kicking your ass... assuming I roll a 12 or higher."

Joezer M.
12-04-2004, 09:50 AM
Of course, we'll still do 'real' aikido...
But tabbletop aikido could be a nice hobby too, no?
And a great alternative for when you can't train, or too spend some free time with your fellow aikidokas... Also, the dojo could benefit from selling tabbletop-aikido related merchandise... :D

Btw, how would you earn experience points here?
Slaugh... err... kil... err... defeating other aikidoka?
Doing quests like "Fold sensei's hakama"? Hey, new skills for your character... hakama folding and hakama crafting.. :D

Regards,
Joezer (who's looked everywhere but still can't find a shop with +1 bokens :D )

siwilson
12-04-2004, 02:45 PM
I still say Aiki-Thug!

Don't under-estimate the Yoshinkan Jo and Bokken! I have trained with many excellent Kendo and Iaido teachers who also were following the path of Yoshinkan Aikido. I was learning my Bokken and Jo from them within AIkido training.

Also, my current Sensei won the first ever Jodo championship held in England (Mudan Section). He also holds Dan grades in Jodo and Iaido.

I started Aikido in Shudokan, and the Shudokan Hombu Dojo, in Seremban. Malaysia, was host to Sensei Don Draeger of Shinto Muso Ryu Jodo, so Yoshinkan has many fine weapons practitioners!

bcole23
12-04-2004, 02:53 PM
Elf, chaotic evil
Level: 1

HP: 1

Strength. 1 (-10 to hit and damage)
Intelligence. 20 (+5 to ego, -5 to ki)
Charisma. 2 (-4 to ability to find practice partner)
wisdom. 20 (+10 to get off the line of attack ability)
dexterity. 2 (-10 to get off the line of attack ability)
Constitution: 30 (+10 to HP rolls, add ability "High Alcohol Tolerance", add ability "Budda Belly")
THAC0: 50
TTAC0: 1 (to throw armour class 0)
AC: 8 (padded cotton dogi and hachi maki) +4 AC bonus added from Budda Belly ability

Weapon Profeciency: Car
Non Weapon Profeciencies: High Alcohol Tolerance (adds +1 to charisma for every shot over 3), Eating (add +1 to hit point regeneration for every 1000 calories consumed)
Diplomat (Ability to diffuse situations)
Weapons: tegatana (1d1 -.5)

favorite quote: "How am I supposed to get experience if all I ever do is not FIGHT!?"

Sita Nanthavong
12-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Daitoryu Aikijutsu/Aikifruitie
(Hah! Multi-classing!)
Level 1

HP 5

STR 13
INT 18
CHA 17
WIS 17
DEX 20
CON 15

AC 5, prefers medium weight dogi from Century MA

Weapon Profiency: None. :(
Non Weapon proficincies: Cuteness aka Atemi (wearing hello kitty hairsticks or pigtails to class)
Weapons: doesn't matter so long as it's a "white" wood. (1d4)

favourite quote: I can't roll, sorry. My dice don't match each other. :(

stuartjvnorton
12-04-2004, 10:41 PM
Twenty years from now we might be whining about how in the good ol' days we actually did Aikido on tatami! and how that made us strong. And how we enjoyed the pain...not like the fake pain we get from a number on a scorecard.

lol you've never had a REALLY BAD PAPER CUT, have you??!?!

CNYMike
12-05-2004, 12:42 AM
Hmmmm .... in spite of being immersed in foriegn technology (Shito-ryu karate, Shotokan, TKD, Chinese forms, Wing Chun Kung Fu, fencing, western boxing, Kali, Pentjak Silat Serak, and Tai Chi), best short description would have to be an Aiki-fruity who has fallen in with Aiki-elves.

Or not. :)

siwilson
12-05-2004, 05:18 AM
Shito-ryu karate

That's a new one on me, Michael. Is it an American school?

grondahl
12-05-2004, 06:08 AM
That's a new one on me, Michael. Is it an American school?

No, its actually one of the four big "japanese" karate-styles.
(Shotokan, Gojo Ryu, Wado Ryu and Shito Ryu).

batemanb
12-05-2004, 10:56 AM
I thought Iwama is the same as Aikikai? Sorry will try to come up with something. Any thoughts?

They are/ were depending on who you train with, but seems to me that there is a lot of difference in the way of thinking between Iwama Ryu and Aikikai. `course, I`m only going by what I read on the forums ;). Technically, they were Aikikai, som estill are, some aren`t, just didn`t want them to feel left out :D.

rgds

Bryan

batemanb
12-05-2004, 10:56 AM

Doesn`t Kyokushinkai feature in the list?

CNYMike
12-05-2004, 12:16 PM

Although my senseis have all been American. :straightf

xuzen
12-05-2004, 08:31 PM
Addendum:

Iwama Ryu aka Aiki-Pixies
General description:
Somehow closely to the Elves is their close cousin the Pixies. Derived from common Ancestry, this subspecies of aikidoka are currently most adept with weapon. Elders who have mastered Aiki-Jo and Aiki-Ken skills get +2 on attack. Due to their expert skill with weapons, any object can be turn into a weapon... drinking bottle, used mobile phone set or discarded batteries.
Weapon of choice:
Anything... Imagination is the only Limitation
Favourite Quote:

Addendum for Yoshigoons
Some Goons or Orc, after reaching certain stage of life will seek to enhance their social status by going to the Infamously tough Main Battlecamp called The Hombu. There they will spend 11 months of tortuous training to upgrade their combat skill. Many don't even return home to tell the tales. Those that survive the training, automatically + 2 Attack skill and + 2 to Speed. These elite Orcs, usually with battle scar to boot are extremely pround of their scar and injuries, and will very likely to show and tell during any feasting over meat and ale.
The Author.

maikerus
12-05-2004, 11:02 PM
Addendum:

Addendum for Yoshigoons

Some Goons or Orc, after reaching certain stage of life will seek to enhance their social status by going to the Infamously tough Main Battlecamp called The Hombu. There they will spend 11 months of tortuous training to upgrade their combat skill. Many don't even return home to tell the tales. Those that survive the training, automatically + 2 Attack skill and + 2 to Speed.

They should also get -4 to their intelligence <wry grin>

--Michael

Bronson
12-06-2004, 01:17 AM
They should also get -4 to their intelligence <wry grin>

And charisma ;)

Bronson

maikerus
12-06-2004, 01:54 AM
And charisma ;)

Bronson

Hey! Come join me in the chat room ... and we'll see about charisma then ;)

--Michael, YoshiOrc (Big like tree, Smart like dumptruck)

Bronson
12-06-2004, 02:17 AM
Hey! Come join me in the chat room ... and we'll see about charisma then ;)

Ummm, are you hitting on me??? :freaky: :yuck: :crazy:

Bronson :D

PeterR
12-06-2004, 02:18 AM
Shades of Charisma-man?

maikerus
12-06-2004, 02:50 AM
Ummm, are you hitting on me??? :freaky: :yuck: :crazy:

Only if you ask me nicely :confused: :crazy: :hypno: :blush:

Bronson
12-06-2004, 03:58 AM
Only if you ask me nicely :confused: :crazy: :hypno: :blush:

Ok, just as long as it doesn't cost extra :disgust: evileyes

happysod
12-06-2004, 04:24 AM
Dojo master's notes:

A new group of aiki-fruities must travel to the depths of the enchanted city block to rescue Bronson from the clutches of the evil shodothugs who are wooing him away from the path of true kikiness with offers of strong budo, manly training and his very own rubber thingy...

Will our heroes be in time or will the shodothugs prevail, adding yet another hakama to their terrifying battle standard - only you can decide!

(deluxe boxed set of the aiki-fruity saga "Skipping hakamas and Total Ki" available this Christmas)

maikerus
12-06-2004, 04:29 AM
Ok, just as long as it doesn't cost extra :disgust: evileyes

Promises, promises... :crazy: :yuck: :rolleyes:

--Michael :D

Bronson
12-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Dojo master's notes:

A new group of aiki-fruities must travel to the depths of the enchanted city block to rescue Bronson from the clutches of the evil shodothugs who are wooing him away from the path of true kikiness with offers of strong budo, manly training and his very own rubber thingy...

Will our heroes be in time or will the shodothugs prevail, adding yet another hakama to their terrifying battle standard - only you can decide!

(deluxe boxed set of the aiki-fruity saga "Skipping hakamas and Total Ki" available this Christmas)

Thanks for the concern Ian, but I'm firmly entrenched here in the land of the ki wielding fruities. I'm just trying to learn more about THEM and their mysterious ways :D

After all: 'Know thine enemy, and know thyself, and in a hundred battles you will never be defeated' -Sun Tzu

Bronson ;)

Yann Golanski
12-06-2004, 01:23 PM
Ok, whoever makes a joke about Aikido rings (styles) get a hundred (properly done) kotegeashi next time I see them...

<joke /> <- XML tag for those without a sense of humour... Yeah, it's spelt with a "U" like colour, flavour and ... Right, I'll be quiet now.

suren
12-06-2004, 01:48 PM
Boon,

Some additions:

Iwama Ryu aka Aiki-Pixies

Can be trained both in Elves caves (Hombu) and in their own caves in Iwama. In the evolution process and because of Elves migration, their religious center - Aikishrine is left in Aiki-Pixies territory. Being masters of weapons, especially jo, Aiki-Pixies gain +4 hitpoints while using that weapon, but only in the first 31 turns. As a result of this feature most of them can count only up to 31 (in japanese). In the barehand combat Aiki-Pixies are very precise that adds +3 for highly trained units, but cuts 4 points from the speed of untrained ones.

Hombu aka Aiki-Elves

Favourite quote:
All the species are Elves, except the ones that fight to be famous!

Rocky Izumi
12-06-2004, 01:55 PM
Aikido rings -- are those the things you use to lead other Aikidoists around by the nose?

Okay, I want my kotegaeshi now. Once I get them, I get another power upgrade, right?

Rock
From the land of the aiki-penitents
(As he throws himself again into the white-hot sand of the beach)
Hee hee hee

suren
12-06-2004, 01:58 PM
Aikido rings -- are those the things you use to lead other Aikidoists around by the nose?

Okay, I want my kotegaeshi now. Once I get them, I get another power upgrade, right?

Rock
From the land of the aiki-penitents
(As he throws himself again into the white-hot sand of the beach)
Hee hee hee

:) Rock, use their center! Find the ring in their navel!

BTW, Happy birthday!

Tennessee Mike
12-06-2004, 04:08 PM
Where would NGA and Combat Aikido fall in this universe? Would combat aikido be considered the same as aiki-jutsu?

Amassus
12-06-2004, 07:59 PM
I do aikido in New Zealand, does this make me an aikido elf or a HOBBIT :)

maikerus
12-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Thanks for the concern Ian, but I'm firmly entrenched here in the land of the ki wielding fruities. I'm just trying to learn more about THEM and their mysterious ways :D

After all: 'Know thine enemy, and know thyself, and in a hundred battles you will never be defeated' -Sun Tzu

Bronson ;)

<whisper mode>
The Shodothugs won't get him. He's going to to come to us. We've almost got him. One more step and he's ours!!!
</whisper mode>

Come my precious fruity. Come...join us! Come!

:cool: You know you want to :D

maikerus
12-06-2004, 08:39 PM
Ok, whoever makes a joke about Aikido rings (styles) get a hundred (properly done) kotegeashi next time I see them...
...and one ring to bind them all. I like it! What a great analogy :D

--Michael, Demanding his kotegaeshi NOW! :cool:

Rocky Izumi
12-06-2004, 09:09 PM
Aiki-Penitents General Description:
"This religious sect takes it membership from all races in this world and out as well. In fact, a large percentage of the population derive from beings that have travelled from worlds in two other galaxies called Karate-do and Ju-do. Their creed is "No pain, no gain." The young ones of this sect can be found often self-flagelating while sitting by themselves and putting on Kotegaeshi, Nikkyo, and Yonkyo grips on their own wrists or throwing themselves prostrate on the ground by applying Shihonage on their own arm. They like to do push-ups on their wrists rather than on their palms. Novices of the sect will do push-ups on their knuckles. The older members of this sect tend to hobble along on deformed knees and swing their arms in strange ways due to their deformed shoulders. Their behaviours include not tapping out when in extreme pain and extensive rounds of shikko and suwari-waza that leave their knees bloody.

While these Aiki-Pentinents tend to be hard on their own bodies, they are generally kind-hearted folk who like to go from one region to another to commune with the different races and practice in their fashion for a while. However, be careful of taking on their behaviours for they will assume you are one of their sect and will begin to practice as if you wish for their type of penance. This often results in people not of the sect being taken aback by the propensity of the members of this sect for self-violation and the assistance they give to others in the sect in their acts of penance."

Quote: "You call that a punch? Hit me again, harder!"

Weapon of Choice: "Farts. They tend to like to get enemies of the sect in a position which allows them to release the noxious fumes in close proximity to the other's face while laughing heartily."

Favorite Quotes: "No pain, no gain." "Damned, my knees are killing me." "My arms are straight! My elbows won't unbend any more." "I bet my surgery scar is more gross than yours." "Don't do this, you'll regret it later."

CNYMike
12-07-2004, 11:28 AM
^^^ Ah-HA! That's me. At last -- a category that fits!

I was wrong -- I thought I was an Aiki-fruity, but no, I just mingled with the time on weekly visits from Karate-Do. And although I'm playing with the Elves now, I've been to the plains of Wing Chun, I regularly go to the islands of Kali, and of late, the mysterious and foreboding mountains of Serak.

After all that, dancing with the Elves is quite relaxing. :)

Rocky Izumi
12-07-2004, 03:39 PM
Welcome Michael. May your penance be fruitful and enlightening and your farts noxious and loud.

Rock

CNYMike
12-07-2004, 10:20 PM
^^ Oose! <fart> ..... ooooooohhhhhh ......

:crazy: :freaky: ;) :)

xuzen
12-07-2004, 11:05 PM
The Author who travels extensively through aikidokaland has uncover a pack of secret society aikidoka that tracend Goons, Thugs or Elves....

They are called Aiki-Canucks.
General Description:
These agents of stealth work by trying very hard to blend in with the normal populace. However... they are not doing a very good job. Generally they are huge, smell of musk, wears a flanel hakama, mink dogi and beaver hats. The deadgiveaway is that they will hold at least a can of beer on one hand. They speak "Canuckish" a kind of very secretive uncomprehensible slurred language that only their secretive kind will know.

Beware of their "I am friendly" demeanour; for inside their complex mind hide a sinister plot to get you drunk. And god knows what they will do to you. The worse the author have seen is how a pack of them completely Canuckinised a helpless victim. The Author was almost attcked this way, only superb training allows the author to escape a fate worse than death.
Weapon of choice:
Canned Beer. Drink them, hurl them at you, make you drunk... only their sinister mind can fathom what they can do with it.
Favourite quote:
Want a beer?

Boon.

maikerus
12-08-2004, 01:10 AM
Hey...anybody out there want a beer? eh?

--Michael :cool:

Rocky Izumi
12-08-2004, 11:23 AM
Actually, I think those Aiki-Canucks are a sub-sect of the Aiki-Penitents. I can't throw beer cans around any more here. Banks Beer only comes in bottles and I had to get rid of the flannel hakama and mink do-gi because of the weather here. We were able to put 10 ikkyu travelling with Kobayashi Sensei under the table in Hong Kong. But I must admit, Angela, with her swigging Cognac by the glassful with them was who really did the trick. Watch out when drinking with those Hong Kong Aikido Association people. The girls are the real drinkers. They guys with beers just set you up for the coup de grace from the women.
(Last night we did Nikkyo and Sankyo and Yonkyo pins on each other for an hour. Hee hee hee.)

Rock
Aiki-Canuck/Aiki-Penitent

CNYMike
12-08-2004, 11:42 AM
Actually, I think those Aiki-Canucks are a sub-sect of the Aiki-Penitents. I can't throw beer cans around any more here. Banks Beer only comes in bottles and I had to get rid of the flannel hakama and mink do-gi because of the weather here. We were able to put 10 ikkyu travelling with Kobayashi Sensei under the table in Hong Kong. But I must admit, Angela, with her swigging Cognac by the glassful with them was who really did the trick. Watch out when drinking with those Hong Kong Aikido Association people. The girls are the real drinkers. They guys with beers just set you up for the coup de grace from the women.
(Last night we did Nikkyo and Sankyo and Yonkyo pins on each other for an hour. Hee hee hee.)

Rock
Aiki-Canuck/Aiki-Penitent

Hmmmmm ..... Wonder if they are related to JKD-Canucks and/or Thai Boxing Canucks? I dropped in at Bob Carver's Thai Boxing Academy to deliver the Serak seminar flier, and he couldn't make it because he had Arjan Chai coming in the same weekend, so we traded fliers. Anywho, on the way out, I saw some picture on the wall of some Aikido action shots. So I dunno .... evolutionary connection or just coincidence? :)

Mike
Aiki-Penitent

"The penitent man is humble before God ... the penitent man kneels before God ..... KNEELS!"
-Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. :)

phil farmer
12-08-2004, 12:46 PM
Yoseikan,

Yes, keep believing that we are the unknown aikidevils, you various children of the arts. The day is coming, the time is near and then, like a multitude of phrenetic judoka bearing multiple skills from many arts, we will sweep through all of you aiki pretenders and elvish imposters like a frightful hoard of ninja (turtles).

Phil Farmer
Yoseikan member of the highest order of fantastical artists

(Hey, this is kinda fun!)

siwilson
12-08-2004, 04:15 PM

Got one, mate. Thanks for asking.

Osu!

(Hiriki No Yosei San!) :D

xuzen
09-27-2005, 04:23 AM
Not exactly aikido-ka but close enough to be our missing cousins..
Brazilian Jujutsu aka AIKI-HOBBIT
General description:
These creature usually huddle the ground when moving. Preferring to fight on the ground, these aiki-world denizen will usually try to take the fight to the ground. With strong forearm and torso and legs, they love to entangle anyone foolish enough to cross their path, forcing painful submission or worse... choking their prey to unconsciousness. The author opinions that during altercation btw two equally good aiki-hobbits, it looks very much like two anaconda coupling... It take much keen eye to know who is winning and who isn't.
Weapon of choice:
Preferably bare hands and legs. Hand guns, Toyota, Mustang, Oldsmobile .... are also used. Their sweaty body is already much deterrent when confronted with creature such as these.
Favourite quote:
80% of fights goes to the ground
The author.

bogglefreak20
09-27-2005, 11:47 AM
Weeee....

I seem to fall under Aiki-fruity. And a proud padawan am I... Yet, beware I must, for pride hides in it temptations of ego, and ego's Path a Path to Darkness is. :D

May the Force be with you!

CNYMike
09-27-2005, 03:18 PM
Not exactly aikido-ka but close enough to be our missing cousins..
Brazilian Jujutsu aka AIKI-HOBBIT

You didn't mentioned whether the Aiki-Hobbits have a sense of humor, but I dare say you'll find out! evileyes :)

Aiki-Penitent Mike

emma.mason15
09-28-2005, 07:12 PM
Having read through this .... and after much deliberation .... I have to add a Hybrid to this list ....
I believe (and am sure that others who have met as in chat will agree) that Karen and I belong to a whole new section of Aiki-elf ....
Meet the Aiki-Sirens ...
we lure unsuspecting Aikidoka in to a false sense of superiority .... then when it comes down to the fight
well hey .... we're plain mean! ... using feminine whyles as a weapon ... and softly spoken voices ... a favourite move is the "snog them ... then pin them" ..... "whoops was that your genitalia?" .... and the old "wiggle when doing hip throws!!!"
I would like both mine and karens points to be calculated for this!
:) :P ;)

Mark Uttech
09-30-2005, 11:33 PM
Of all the things to find in Aikido, the "mean women blues".

darin
10-01-2005, 07:00 AM

Think I have some in the fridge... Where do you normally go for drinks in Tokyo? I really miss those izakaya.

emma.mason15
10-09-2005, 05:30 PM
Having read through this .... and after much deliberation .... I have to add a Hybrid to this list ....
I believe (and am sure that others who have met as in chat will agree) that Karen and I belong to a whole new section of Aiki-elf ....
Meet the Aiki-Sirens ...
we lure unsuspecting Aikidoka in to a false sense of superiority .... then when it comes down to the fight
well hey .... we're plain mean! ... using feminine whyles as a weapon ... and softly spoken voices ... a favourite move is the "snog them ... then pin them" ..... "whoops was that your genitalia?" .... and the old "wiggle when doing hip throws!!!"
I would like both mine and karens points to be calculated for this!
:) :P ;)

naturally i would have calculated my own points... but was never a geek ... so dont underdstand how it all works!!!
i was far to busy getting drunk... smoking and delevoping bad habits to have sat around playing board games!!!
(im sooooo gunna get a virtual beating for this!!!)
em x :D

emma.mason15
10-09-2005, 05:35 PM
i was far to busy getting drunk... smoking and delevoping bad habits to have sat around playing board games!!!
yes l;ike poor spelling and grammar! :blush: :blush: :blush: :D :p

justinc
10-13-2005, 12:25 AM
Well, I need to multiclass, but so far nobody has written up one part for me. So, in the spirit of good geekiness, I have written my own:

Hapki-Thug

Description:

A long distant relative of the Aiki-elf and have many attributes similar to the Aiki-Thug, and has itself split into many subraces. Not normally found in the middle earth, the can be mostly found over the northern seas, in the land of koreeha. They claim distant lineage to the Daitoryu Aikijutsu through the same master, though this is often disputed by non Hapki races. Often seen frolicking with high leaping dance-like kicks and punches, some wonder whether they do anything resembling joint locks or throws at all.
Many young padawan are seen to proclaim the greatness of their art due to many B grade movies featuring dodgy martial arts action performed by ex basketball players. They also constantly taunt the various Aiki races about their waltz skills and large superfluous actions (particularly the Aiki-Elves, for whom they hold their greatest disdain).

Favourite Weapon:

Anything can be made a weapon. Walking stick is particularly enjoyed by the hapki-thug

Favourite Quote:

Billy Jack is cool, man

--

And now for my own stats:

Hapki-Thug/Aiki-Elf (multiclass)
Level 4 (3/1)
HP 14

STR 10
INT 14 (+2 to ego, -2 to Ki)
CHA 16 (+2 species bonus from to hair colour, +3 to finding practice partner)
DEX 17 (+4 to high spining kicks)
CON 11
WIS 4 (-3 to choice of appropriate martial arts skill in the right training center. Often seen using kicks in Dojo, and big dancy movements in Dojang)

AC: 6 (padded cotton dogi in assorted styles and colours)
Weapon Proficiency: Chain whip x2 (or any flexible weapon, such as glowsticks, fire poi, belt, scarf etc)

Feats:
Combat Reflexes: Previous training has resulted in unnatural ability to react faster than most. Able to catch any piece of falling paper or knocked over object before it hits the ground.

SQ: Australian Heritage: +3 to bluff and entertain checks

Favourite quote: "Yeah, we all think Steve Irwin is crazy too"

happysod
10-13-2005, 04:01 AM
It's no good, you're all just to fancy for me...

Aiki-peasant

DescriptionThe great unwashed of the dojo, the peasant finds the world of the martial arts a bewildering yet interesting place to reside with a host of strange and amusing characters which also provides a nice roof over their head, something to get them out of the hovel for a while and the chance of a decent drink now and again. All this in exchange for a little pain, exertion and the odd genuflection if necessary is a good deal as far as the peasant is concerned. Peasants are found absolutely everywhere as their ability to blend into most backgrounds with effortless aplomb means that a dojo can host an entire chapter of peasants for years without even noticing. favourite weaponwhatever is to hand, it's all good favourite quoteso, what if they do this?
own stats:
aiki-peasant (fruitie-style)
level: unregistered
HP: never used them

STR: one bag of shopping's worth (2 on a good day)
INT: sometimes
CHA: you're really reaching here
DEX: can tie own shoe-laces
CON: can walk to dojo
WIS: does innate cowardice count?

AC: high, keeps at least 4 uke between them and sensei at all times

Feats: can out boast any other character class while still sounding believable

SQ: last to be picked on (see background blending above)

Favourite quote: I think I broke a nail

James Davis
10-13-2005, 11:37 AM
naturally i would have calculated my own points... but was never a geek ... so dont underdstand how it all works!!!
(im sooooo gunna get a virtual beating for this!!!)
em x :D
Not unless they want a virtual kick to the groin! :blush: :drool: :dead:

Nathan Gusdorf
10-13-2005, 11:38 PM
So then if I do Seidokan am I a fruit or do I get my own sub-race? Also, are there different kinds of elves and fruits? Like say wood-elves or high-elves, lemon fruits or grapefruits.

James Davis
10-14-2005, 11:26 AM
So then if I do Seidokan am I a fruit or do I get my own sub-race? Also, are there different kinds of elves and fruits? Like say wood-elves or high-elves, lemon fruits or grapefruits.
That depends partially upon the quality of your ukemi; you could be a fruit loop, or maybe a fruit roll-up! :p

Just don't be a pineapple. :mad: Oh, heaven help you if you're a pineapple. :grr:

Nick Simpson
05-18-2006, 04:15 AM
Seriously, how did I miss this? Aikido and D & D, combined! Wow!

Ok, so Im a proper geek and I was up til 3am playing Never Winter Nights on my pc, so this is all fresh to me:

Human, lvl 6 White Rose.

White Rose: Likes knocking people down, likes getting knocked down. Really not quite as thuggish as everyone makes out. Likes sexy aikido and looking hot while doing it. Only does the dangerous techniques that look cool. Loves bokken, hates Jo. Somewhere in between an elf and a shoduthug.

HP: 42

Str: 14
Dex: 16
Con: 16
Int: 14
Wis: 10
Cha: 18

Height: 6 ft.

I'm fairly strong and quick, not too shabby with the old noggin and I could charm the birds to lay their eggs on my breakfast plate. High pain resistance, but Im daft as a brush.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral.

I'd be chaotic good, but sometimes I can be a real prick, ya know.

AC: Base 13, in Gi and Hakama 15.

Attack: +7/+2 Bare Hand.

Damage: 1-4 + 4

Feats: Improved Unarmed Strike, Weapon Focus: Unarmed Strike, Weapon Specialization: Unarmed Strike, Knockdown, Dodge, Toughness, Smooth Talk, Sexy Moves.

Unarmed strike is obvious, I like knocking people down, dodge is for tenkan, toughness cos I am and likewise with smooth talk, plus I have the sexiest moves EVER :p

Skillz: Bluff +5 Diplomacy +5, Hide +8, Intimidate +5, Knowledge (Music) +10, Knowledge (Aikido stuff) +10, Knowledge (Ryan Adams) +10, Move Silently +8, Perform (Sing, Guitar) +4, Ranting +20, Tumble +10.

Possessions: Masterwork Bokken, Masterwork Hakama, Dogi, Always Full Bottle of Jim Beam White Label +5.

Special Qaulities:
Can piss people off with ultimate ease. Caffeine Dependance. Drunkard. Chronically Lazy. Prone to Ranting. Arrogant. Prone to getting cut. Devilishly Handsome.

Ok, Im up way earlier than normal and I've run out of things to do on the internet ;)

xuzen
05-18-2006, 04:22 AM
Me like bokken and jo too... bokken makes good back scratcher, jo makes good tooth pick.
My stats:
Str: 100
Dex: 80
Int: 5
Wis: 15
Cha: -5

Alignment: Evil Goons

CNYMike
05-18-2006, 09:27 AM

Neither do I, really, but at least the thread is back!

Me, I reamain an Aiki-penitent among Aiki-elves ..... and I do mean the tall, lean mean LOTR-type elves, NOT the kind that makes cookies. Trust me on this one. ;) :D

emma.mason15
05-22-2006, 06:28 PM
do I get extra points for being chief aiki siren? ...
how does one gain extras in tribes?
is it like black and white on the pc? ... do I just go around and order people to.. and if they dont punish them? ..... please ... please pleeeeease say I get to punish them!!!

Shannon Frye
05-22-2006, 11:21 PM
The only worry I have is whether the pain will feel as real when it's written down with numbers and jotted on a scorecard.

I'm guessing that you've never had your character (in my case, a Druid) roll a double 0, and be told by your DM that you not only missed the target, but you DROPPED your weapon. Painful, I assure you. Also, ego busting.