PDA

View Full Version : Gozo Shioda

Please visit our sponsor:

Chocolateuke
03-31-2001, 10:41 PM
Hi all I was wondering if anyone knew the title of GOzo Shiodas Bio book?? i would like to read it

also anyone have any Aikido related books for recomendations?? I have read several.

Also how many have read Angery White Pajamas? did you like it? would you want to take the course?

do you belive that harsh training is good trianing?? well cya and Have fun!!

I am in a hurry to catch my sleep train!!

wildaikido
04-02-2001, 08:30 AM
Two of Gozo Shioda's books I know of are Dynamic Aikido and Total Aikido, Both are great but since its newer Total Aikido is probably better. As for any other books I would need to know what you want to read, I mean there is no point me recommending Abundant Peace or Invincible Warrior (both by John Stevens) if you don't like biographies.

Matt Banks
04-02-2001, 11:17 AM
The title of Gozo Shioda's biography is
''Aikido Jinsei'' which means ''Aikido is my life''.

It was never published in english (unfortunately). But if your a member of the yoshinkan you can, see if your instructor has any of the old yoshinkan aikido magazines published awile ago.The biography is in those, there a bit of the biography in each issue of the magazine. I have all 20 of th magazines thus I have the whole biography. I would ask on instructor from the yoshinkan for the magazines, im sure the person would not mind giving you them. The guy I got them of gave them to me for free.

Matt Banks

Jim23
04-03-2001, 04:24 PM
Here's some info on Gozo Shioda.

http://home1.swipnet.se/~w-69179/AikUnsid.html/Yoshinkan.html

Jim23