PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

TheWonderKid
11-16-2004, 03:07 PM
Hi, just joined akiweb and thought I should introduce myself, as I'll probably have questions to ask later and it'd be rude not to at least introduce myself first. :D

Currently I'm a 3rd year student at Memorial University of Newfoundland (Newfoundland, Canada) pursuing a Bachalor's degree in Sciences (Biology and Physics) and Arts (Greek and Roman Studies) and Education (Post Secondary teaching qualifications).

I recently discovered Aikido this semester and my only regret is that I hadn't started it when I first came to MUN. I have done Kempo Karate when I was younger but I was really too young to appreciate anything martial arts tries to teach. Aikido is really one of the best experiences I've had at MUN and I just can't get enough of it. Everyone at our Dojo is really great as well so mayhaps that has something to do with it. If anyone's interested the site is:

http://www.mun.ca/aikido/

Not much there on our dojo specifically yet but it's there if anyone's curious.

In addition to Aikido I'd really like to try some other martial art forms and I'm looking into it as something in the near future.

I really like Aikido for the mental and philosopical aspects more than anything. The techniques are really interesting but the whole philosophy is what really drew me in and keeps me coming back.

And so I've rambled on long enough, this was supposed to just say hi, lol.

akiy
11-16-2004, 03:15 PM
Hi Owen,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

graham butt
11-16-2004, 05:34 PM
Welcome!
if i ever need help with the science work i know where to come!
hehe

take care
Graham.

Thom Hansen
11-16-2004, 06:36 PM
G'day Owen

Nick P.
11-16-2004, 08:04 PM
Oddly, I was just reading up about a seminar in your neck of the woods.

http://www.mun.ca/aikido/summercamp05/AC_05_S_Camp1.htm

Welcome to AikiWeb, and the Great Big Tatami known as Aikido. Enjoy.

TheWonderKid
11-17-2004, 06:45 AM
I was really hoping to get to that summer camp too but the dates are during the week of exams for the summer schedule. :grr:

So unless I can get my exams early or something, I'll be unable to go. Looks like it would be really great so I'm hoping things work out.

And thanks to all for the welcome