PDA

View Full Version : Ledyard at Aikido of Berkeley

Please visit our sponsor:

George S. Ledyard
10-27-2004, 02:04 AM
Just a reminder, if any of my web friends can make it to Kayla Feder sensei's dojo this coming weekend (10/29 - 10/31), I'll be teaching a seminar there. Friday night will be on Aikido based Defensive Tactics, Saturday will cover the theory and practice of multiple attacker randori, and Sunday will cover a block we've developed on "Entries". The seminar is open to anyone.
- George Ledyard

Aikido of Berkeley (http://www.aikidoofberkeley.com)

Janet Rosen
10-27-2004, 02:16 AM
George, I was looking forward to catching Friday night's class, but something has come up that requires my attention elsewhere. I understand you'll be back in the bay area in the early spring and am marking the calendar for that.
For anybody in the area: I've only had a chance to visit Kayla Feder Sensei at Aikido of Berkeley (actually in Richmond now) once but was very impressed and had a wonderful evening of training. Everybody was very welcoming and fun to practice with. So don't be shy about checking out this seminar!

George S. Ledyard
10-27-2004, 02:20 AM
George, I was looking forward to catching Friday night's class, but something has come up that requires my attention elsewhere. I understand you'll be back in the bay area in the early spring and am marking the calendar for that.
For anybody in the area: I've only had a chance to visit Kayla Feder Sensei at Aikido of Berkeley (actually in Richmond now) once but was very impressed and had a wonderful evening of training. Everybody was very welcoming and fun to practice with. So don't be shy about checking out this seminar!
Hi Janet,
Sorry I'll miss you this time. I will be down there again at the beginning of April at Aikido of Diablo Valley; hope we can get together then.
- George

Don_Modesto
10-27-2004, 11:54 AM
Hi Janet,
Sorry I'll miss you this time. I will be down there again at the beginning of April at Aikido of Diablo Valley; hope we can get together then.
- George

Were I in the neighborhood, I'd make it for sure. Sigh.

I always get so much out of George's seminars.

Highly recommended.

akiy
10-27-2004, 12:07 PM
I always get so much out of George's seminars.

Highly recommended.
I've only had the pleasure of attending one class that George taught (on his approach to defensice tactics) but have had the pleasure of training directly with him during regular classes at other folks' seminars. I have to say that I always walk out with things to chew on for a while...

-- Jun

Michael Young
10-27-2004, 09:20 PM
Hi all,

We just had Ledyard Sensei down to San Antonio for a Seminar...it was incredible! I posted a review of the seminar if anyone is interested here:
http://www.aikiweb.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6650

I too wish I could be in Berkley this weekend.

-Mike

Erik
10-27-2004, 11:14 PM
I too wish I could be in Berkley this weekend.

If you were going to the seminar that would be bad as they are in Richmond. Besides I don't think Texas and Berkeley are a good match. They seem really mad at that other guy from Texas for some reason. :)

So don't be shy about checking out this seminar!

Just to add something to this. We have a bazillion organizations in the Bay Area and even our organiztions have divisions in them. For instance, multiple Iwama groups, three divisions in the CAA, plus countless others and I think we may even have Eastern region USAF of all things. Because of all the organizations I think people sometimes get nervous about attending functions outside of their organization.

Really you shouldn't be nervous, we're open, really, but in particular you shouldn't be on this one. Both George Ledyard and Kayla Feder from what I know of them are very open. You'll definitely be welcome.

I also second what everyone else has said.

I will be down there again at the beginning of April at Aikido of Diablo Valley

For those of you who don't know ADV, they are in Concord and they have a biannual (usually) seminar schedule. What's unique about their seminars is that they are just enough off the beaten path that their seminars aren't filled to standing room only capacity. Plus, they bring in a surprising variety of people some of whom you won't see anywhere else in the Bay Area. So if you miss George Ledyard this time you'd do well to catch him at ADV.

George S. Ledyard
10-28-2004, 12:12 AM
If you were going to the seminar that would be bad as they are in Richmond. Besides I don't think Texas and Berkeley are a good match. They seem really mad at that other guy from Texas for some reason. :)

I have to say these guys were wonderful. They listened to me spout off about my feelings about the ex-governor and they still invited me back anyway... I think Michael could masquerade as a liberal if he needed to fit in on the Coast; he doesn't really sound like a Texan.