PDA

View Full Version : research on bokken

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

ermpson
10-23-2004, 05:51 AM
I'm writing a researc about bokken(using, traditions etc). If anyone has ever written or read something like that, I would also like to read it.you may post the link here or send the work to me at mufik003@hotmail.com. thank you very much!

ermo

SeiserL
10-23-2004, 10:39 AM
Get the Aiki-Ken DVD by Saito Sensei.

Dave Lowry's Bokken by O'Hara Publications.

Bronson
10-23-2004, 01:53 PM
Contact Kingfisher Woodworks (http://www.kingfisherwoodworks.com) and see if they can help.

Bronson

ermpson
10-27-2004, 06:54 AM
thank you for tips.

ermpson
10-29-2004, 05:59 AM
I have decided to write about Japanese sword more widely(not just bokken - shinken also). In Estonia, it is somewhat hard to get this Aiki-Ken DVD. I have not yet started full net search - I haven't had time yet. I went to capital city Tallinn to get some books though. There is almost nothing in estonian(just 1 article) and very little in english(at least not in Estonia). I don't know - maybe I just need to know the right person. but anyway, I found one very helpful book: "The Connpisseur's book of japanese swords" by Kokan Nagayama. If you know more books of that kind, please contact me on the email adress above. It would be very helpful, if it is in the net.

Dan Gould
10-31-2004, 05:26 PM
There's a book I read called "Bokken: the art of Japanese swordplay", or something, got a nice bit of history at the beginning, you might be able to get it from a library or something to save you buying it.

Lyle Laizure
11-03-2004, 08:29 PM
There's a book called "Shinkendo" by Toshishiro Obata.