PDA

View Full Version : SUCCESSFUL POLL

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Kami
03-22-2001, 04:15 AM
Congratulations to the Aikido-L Forum and to Jun Akiyama for a very successfull poll on the religious content of Aikido.
From 760 members, 600 (almost 80%) participated in it and that's one of the greatest participation on any Forum.
Kami

Chuck Clark
03-22-2001, 09:28 AM
Greetings, Ubaldo

I think the questions in this poll were too broad. Whether there is "religion" involved in the practice depends on the person.

Was the question referring to Ueshiba's religion of Omoto Kyo, Buddhist, Christian, or what?

If someone is "religious", how can anything they do with serious intent not be filled with their religion?

Is any form of budo a "religion?" Sure, it can be if you practice it that way. Does it have to be...of course not.

Regards,

Kami
03-22-2001, 04:57 PM
[QUOTE]Chuck Clark wrote:
[B]Greetings, Ubaldo
I think the questions in this poll were too broad. Whether there is "religion" involved in the practice depends on the person.If someone is "religious", how can anything they do with serious intent not be filled with their religion?

KAMI : Greetings, my friend!
Of course, you're right. I was refering to the great participation in the poll, uncommon in other lists. Anyway, it's in the nature of polls, to be partial or incomplete and to give margin to many interpretations.
And I agree with you : if you do anything with love in your heart, how can it be free of respect, veneration and, yes, spiritual content, even for atheists, as I am?
Thank you very much for your thoughts
Kami (also known as Ubaldo)