PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Land of Morning Calm

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Joe Bowen
09-27-2004, 06:28 PM
The Land of the Morning Calm is a reference to the Republic of Korea (South Korea, that is). I've been here going on seven years, and would highly recommend to any of you interested in an off-beat holiday to travel to Korea. Not only is the country worth seeing, but we've got some pretty good :ai: :ki: :do: going on over here as well. I don't mean "Hapkido", I mean good strong fundemental "Aikido". Mostly in Seoul but new dojos are spreading to other cities. Quite a phenomenon really. I've watched You Ick Ahm Sensei develop the Korea Aikido Federation for the past seven years and it has been quite educational. I honestly think that no one else could have done as good a job. So, by way of introducing myself, I invite you to visit my website: http://www.geocities.com/yongsanaikikai/ and the Korea Aikido Federation website: http://www.aikido.co.kr

I look forward to some engaging threads.....

Joe

Bronson
09-27-2004, 11:30 PM
Hey Joe,

Welcome to AikiWeb.

My girlfriend is going to Seoul for three weeks this Sat. for the first time. Is there anything she absolutely should not miss?

Thanks,

Bronson

akiy
09-27-2004, 11:44 PM
Hi Joe,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction!

-- Jun

Joe Bowen
10-09-2004, 06:09 AM
My girlfriend is going to Seoul for three weeks this Sat. for the first time. Is there anything she absolutely should not miss?

That depends, does she also practice Aikido? If her trip is limited to Seoul, I would recommend she make it to the Seoul tower and the Kyoung Boek Palace. How long is she staying in Seoul? Seoul is like the NYC of Korea. You find just about anything here. From live Jazz music to Country and Western to Salsa Dancing to Operas and Broadway Musicals. You can have her drop me an email if she gets stuck.

joe

Bronson
10-11-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks Joe,

Apparently her family is keeping her quite busy :)

Thanks again,

Bronson