PDA

View Full Version : Hey y'all

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Shane Mokry
09-23-2004, 12:20 PM
I have been reading on the aikiweb for years now and figured I might as well join.
Hope to have some good conversation.
Shane

Greg Jennings
09-23-2004, 12:36 PM
Hi Shane, Good to hear from another Southerner here.

If you're ever passing through Montgomery, please come train.

Best regards,

akiy
09-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Hi Shane,

Welcome to the AikiWeb Forums and thank you for your introduction! I hope you're keeping dry down there in Louisiana...

-- Jun

PS: Hope you're doing well, too, Greg...

Shane Mokry
09-23-2004, 01:57 PM
I will Greg.
Yeehaw,
Shane

Shane Mokry
09-23-2004, 02:00 PM
Thanks Jun,

As a matter of fact, the rain is why I'm inside. I'm at work (offshore oil production facility) and our helicopter is stuck at the beach due to weather. So, I'm playing on the internet. It breaks my heart...

I look forward to meeting you.

Shane

Greg Jennings
09-23-2004, 02:02 PM
<snip>
PS: Hope you're doing well, too, Greg...
Hi Jun,

A lot of people were hit hard even this far (150 miles) inland much less down in Pensacola. There are still tens of thousands of people in the rural areas that are still w/o power.

I was lucky as were all of my students, though. There was no damage to my house or the dojo. We were w/o power for quite some time, but simply broke out the camping gear.

I've traded e-mails with the ASU dojo in Pensacola; the dojo was unharmed. I would have to believe, though, that some of the members' homes were devastated. It was _bad_ down there. Whole developments out on the barrier islands are simply gone.

Best regards,