PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Raymond McMaster
09-14-2004, 09:26 AM
Been lurking around this site for a while now, think i finally got to grips with it.

I do not practice any martial arts, will talk about this more later. I have however always had a fasination of the arts, reading, moives etc.

It was not until i bought a few books on aikido that it all feel into place, this was what i had really been looking for, it fitted well with my character and my outlook on life, as if someone had put into words what i had always thought.

Enough waffle from me for now.

Later i hope i can ask a few questions from the members and get some advise.

Greg Jennings
09-14-2004, 09:35 AM
Hi Raymond,

Welcome to AikiWeb! I hope you find what you're looking for and start training soon.

Best regards,

akiy
09-14-2004, 09:45 AM
Hi Raymond,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction.

-- Jun

Richard Cardwell
09-14-2004, 10:02 AM
Hi Raymond, whereabouts are you in the province?

www.aikidoinireland.org should help you find your nearest dojo. If there are a few near you, try them all out. Enjoy it!

Raymond McMaster
09-14-2004, 10:23 AM
Hello Richard.

I am about 30 minutes from Belfast & you?

Richard Cardwell
09-15-2004, 04:25 AM
About the same ;) In Belfast, there are three clubs I know of- Belfast Aikido Circle, where I train (no reflection on the others, by the way) and which is currently located at the Avoniel leisure centre (temporary home, we were at Maysfield until it closed in July), the Keishi Kwei on the Cregagh Road and the Shodokan/Tomiki club at Queen's University. There should be contact details for all of those at the address I posted above. If you're in Down, one of the Shodokan dojo has a branch in Comber, I think.

Raymond McMaster
09-16-2004, 09:33 AM
Thanks for the info Richard, would realy like to start but only thing holding me back is im not the sort who usually joins clubs/groups etc, silly i know but there you are.