PDA

View Full Version : Any fellow Scots Aikidoka out there?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Aikidoiain
09-11-2004, 08:30 PM
Hi,

I joined a few days ago and have already replied to many threads. Check them out, then get back to me.

All the best,
Iain. :)

disabledaccount
09-11-2004, 10:28 PM
I'm Scottish by ancestory, but not nationality. I wish I lived in Oban or Kilmartin though. Pretty much anywhere around Loch Lomond would be nice. Want to trade identities?

Aikidoiain
09-12-2004, 01:42 AM
No thanks! I'm trying to get out of Glasgow - I hate the city now. Oban was one of the places I thought about moving to. Loch Lomond's nice, although it's become a bit busier of late.

Ideally, I need a mountainous location, away from traffic, bad air, bad people!, and the general pace of city life.

I guess, since leaving a life working in the music business due to the stress of it all, I just want to be away from people and try and centre myself. It may sound idealistic but I feel drawn to the Highlands. I love it up there. There isn't a feeling in the world that comes close to the sense of perspective you get after an 8 hour climb to the top of a Munro. When you just stand there and look around, it's simply breathtaking!

Thanks for the reply,
Iain. :cool: :)

mj
09-12-2004, 06:00 AM
There are lots of us Scots ;)

I think only Matt Malloy and I post here though.

You can find many more on http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/

ruthmc
09-12-2004, 02:06 PM
Me!

I'm from Edinburgh, but I live, work and train in SE England now.

Ruth

Tatiana
09-13-2004, 12:47 PM
I have Scottish ancestry too, but I'm not from Scotland, tho I would LOVE to go there and visit. It's a beautiful country, with beautiful people I'm sure. My Grandfather was a Scott... ;)

Fausto
09-13-2004, 11:37 PM
I'm scot too by ancestory my great great grandfather was a Buchanan.

Lan Powers
09-14-2004, 01:38 AM
McGregor up the way.....I am not sure what percentage tho. (Don't matter, I am proud of who we are.)
Lan

PaulieWalnuts
09-14-2004, 03:16 AM
Hi from edinburgh mate.

graham butt
09-14-2004, 06:45 AM
I'm also from Scotland... Glasgow area... Where do you train?

Aikidoiain
09-14-2004, 11:33 AM
I'm soon to start training at the Aikikai-Aikido club in Yorkhill after years of "informal training". That's already been mentioned many times on this site.

If you read my posts you'll get an idea where I'm coming from (and where I'm going!) :)

Cheers,
Iain. :ki:

Matt Molloy
09-15-2004, 12:14 PM
There are lots of us Scots ;)

I think only Matt Malloy and I post here though.

You can find many more on http://www.martialartsplanet.com/forums/

Cheers Mark,

Sorry, I've been away for a few days. Another hi from Edinburgh Aikidoian. Good to have you here, the more the merrier. :D

Cheers,

Matt.

Aikidoiain
09-30-2004, 03:45 AM
"Cum oan rise up and wu'll soon hae an army!" :)

Be proud to be a Scot! :D

Iain. :ki: :)

Celaeno
07-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Yup, one from up north in Aberdeen. Well, that's not strictly true since i've got to travel 60 miles to practice twice a week - but what could be more worth while? :p

It's true, there's really not a lot of Scots posting.. but not that many of us do aikido when you think about the number of Karate of Taekwondo clubs going about.

Hehe, and we're more prone to the "Fit di yi want tae dee aikwida for min, that disnae work richt in a fecht!" :D (apologies to those who don't get the doric dialect ;) ). So I suppose theres a reason why there's not so many of us posting

Cool thread, thanks Iain :)

mj
07-12-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi James :)

Rachel Strickman
07-13-2005, 02:27 PM
I lived in Scotland for four years, my student visa ran out, I was exiled back the the US, and am now trying to fight and claw my way through the visa system to go back. LET ME COME BACK!!! pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease