PDA

View Full Version : Ni...nuther new person

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Dazzler
09-03-2004, 04:02 AM
Hi

Names Daren, Am senior instructor from Templegate Dojo, Bristol, England. We are the Hombu dojo of the National aikido Federation of UK - my main aikido influences are Michael Narey and Pierre Chassang (longest practicing aikidoka in Europe).

I am sandan in aikido and also have 1st dan in goshin jujitsu with some experience of boxing, grappling and putting the 2 together as vale tude.

I'm also treasurer of the NAF.

Outside of MA, I am a football nut and support Leeds ...says a lot about my judgement!

For me - most important thing about aikido is to accept its a long road and it needs to be fun if you are gonna stay on it.

Regards

D

Greg Jennings
09-03-2004, 08:22 AM
Hi Daren, Welcome to AikiWeb. It sounds like we have a similar background, if on different continents.

Regards,

Dazzler
09-03-2004, 08:51 AM
Hi Greg

Begining to think that my mispelling of Hi was scaring people off!

I look forward to interesting discussions, if we can't agree on aikido mabe it will be easier to agree on which is the best side of the atlantic.

Cheers

D

akiy
09-03-2004, 10:13 AM
Hi Daren,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction!

-- Jun

taras
09-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Welcome to AikiWeb! If I am not mistaken, my sensei visited your dojo last year. He said it looked very impressive. Anyway, it looks great on the flyer.

Dazzler
09-06-2004, 06:15 AM
Thanks Taras,

Who is your Sensei?

Cheers

D

markwalsh
09-06-2004, 09:53 AM
Hi Daren,

I passed by your dojo on the way to the recent Yamashima course in Bath (right by the train station). It looks pretty big from the outside, how on earth do you afford it?

The course was great, any of your guys there? Met some other NAF people from Cardiff who were a really nice bunch.

Regards,

Mark

Dazzler
09-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Hi Mark

Affording it is difficult. Its taken a lot of hard work on the part of Mike Narey to make it work.

We've had to broaden our activities because although we have a couple of hundred members at the current time plus say a hundred kids aiki alone probably just about covers expenses.

As for Yamashima course ...I suspect we may have had a few there but I think it clashed with one of our own courses.

I have been to Bath in the past to enjoy one of his courses and we had him in our dojo maybe 3 years ago.

As for Cardiff guys...yes - they aren't bad blokes for welsh men! ;)

Come in and say hello next time your passing...we are open most of the time so if you just want to take a look around thats fine - we enjoy showing the place off!

Cheers

D

markwalsh
09-06-2004, 12:52 PM
Cheers Darren, will do.

100 kids practicing cool. I work with brats and I've laways thought a BAB national childrens course would be a good idea, what'ya think? They have somthing similar in Japan. An idea for the future perhaps...

Mark

Dazzler
09-07-2004, 05:22 AM
Certainly an idea for the brave. :)

We try and have a kids day at our NAF Summer school where all the different kids classes get together.

I think it would be a good thing if the BAB did likewise and would be a great occasion for all the kids.

A lot of organising though!

D