PDA

View Full Version : Inspirational Quote

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Emily Fine
09-02-2004, 12:18 AM
Hello everyone-

A few days ago in my dojo, our sensei had us sit down, and he said something that was of great meaning to me, and so I thought I'd pass it on to you.

"The biggest part of the dojo is it's teamwork. Everyone here is different, but in order to make this dojo strong, we've got to work together. I don't care if you hate green eyed people, or if you hate blue eyed people, or whatever, but when you step foot into this dojo, or any dojo, everyone is equal. Everyone respects each other. This is how we make a dojo strong, and this is how we learn."

Hope you found this of meaning, too.

~Emily :ai: :ki: :do:

xuzen
09-02-2004, 01:00 AM
Some who deserve death, lives; while those who deserves life, die. Can you you give life to those who perished? So do not be so quick to judge who is more deserving of death, my young hobbit - Gandalf in the Fellowship of the Ring.

P/s Thousands of apologies, I have changed some words as I can't remember the full sentence impromptu.

Troy
09-02-2004, 10:05 AM
Emily,
I Agree with your Sensei. And it is true. Because O-Sensei wanted all who practice Aikido, to love his and her fellow man. If we can't even do that in the Dojo, then I say why take Aikido if we can't even get along in the place of "The Way".

markwalsh
09-02-2004, 11:06 AM
I had an insight at Summer School this year that it was not just the people training who were aikidoka (and therefore "mattered"), but the organizers, families, friends, - the whole community.

Mark
x
(also on a small island, though not in the "No man is" sense. Your address doesn't match your post Emily! :)