PDA

View Full Version : Aikido Demo

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

aikido_luver
08-25-2004, 08:17 PM
Hi
Im a 14 year old, and i have been doing aikido for about a year and a half. Lately 3 of my teachers and myself did a demonstration at my school, hoping to get some more people my age interested. Only a few people came along but i have heard through the grapevine that some others are interested but couldnt come to the demo because of other commitments. I cant really do another demo at school but i was wondering if anyone had advice or ideas on what I can do to get more people interested. At the mometn My sister and I are the only people our age doing Aikido at this dojo (we only have the 1 dojo) and I really want to get more people interested. Can anyone please please help me?
Thanks in Advance ;)
ayla

Devon Natario
08-25-2004, 08:24 PM
Maybe ask your instructor to give a week lessons for free for a certain period. For instance: You put a flier for "one free week" of lessons from 15 Sep - 22 Sep for agtes 11-16 or whatever.

This may bring more people in just to check it out and see what it's about. Just a thought.

Troy
08-25-2004, 09:18 PM
The week free sounds like a good idea. Another idea is maybe, sence your sister is taking Aikido as well, you could invite people to your house and have a small back yard show and tell for Aikido (not falling hard on the ground thought :) ) That might get them comming. But I would talk with your sensei first.

aikido_luver
08-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Hi thanks for the advice, but my family and i live about 15 min out side of town and our house is really small so i dont think that idea will work but thanks anyway!!!! i think mayby the week free lessons might work, but i have to actually get them interested to take a look at Aikido first...thanks for all your help and if anyone had any more ideas please help!!!
Thanks for the ideas!!! i will definately talk to my sensei(s)!
Thanks so much!!!

Ayla

SeiserL
08-25-2004, 10:54 PM
Most schools have a newspaper. Write a short article about the benefits and fun of Aikido. Set another demo, post bulletins, do it during lunch when people are available.

Good luck.