PDA

View Full Version : Do you people know this Dojo?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

John Canant
08-02-2004, 01:32 PM
I've been looking in to Aikido to study, and the only Dojo I found nearest to m was Capital City Aikido. Do any of you know anything about this place, I looked on their website, but I wanted to see what you people thought, or if you heard of it. :)

aikidoc
08-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Don't know them personally but Greg Jennings is a regular poster on this site.

lt-rentaroo
08-02-2004, 01:46 PM
Well, if you are asking about the Capital City Aikido in Montgomery, AL then I can share some info with you.

I had the great pleasure to meet and train with the folks at Captial City Aikido during a business trip a few years ago. They welcomed me into their dojo like I was an old friend, I truly had a wonderful time and I'm looking forward to visiting again. Greg Jennings and Myers Sensei are very friendly and very talented. I highly recommend you pay them a visit!!

Greg Jennings
08-02-2004, 02:43 PM
I don't guess I can recommend my own dojo, can I?

John, you're welcome to come on by this evening, if you'd like. You can call me on my cell phone: 220-4059.

<tongue in cheek>I promise you'd get your money's worth</tongue in cheek>

OK, that said, jump in and pound on me guys and gals...

Regards,

Ron Tisdale
08-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Ok, I looked for an icon that shows me pounding on someone called Greg, but I couldn't find one! shucks....never a good icon when you need one!

Ron :)

Oh, just for something on topic, from what I've seen on here, Greg should be an excellent teacher...

RT

Greg Jennings
08-02-2004, 02:57 PM
Ok, I looked for an icon that shows me pounding on someone called Greg, but I couldn't find one! shucks....never a good icon when you need one!

Ron :)

Oh, just for something on topic, from what I've seen on here, Greg should be an excellent teacher...

RT
Thanks for the plug, Ron, I appreciate it.

Regards,

holmesking
08-02-2004, 03:32 PM
John,

I have been training with Greg Jennings at Capital City Aikido for a little over a year and a half, so my opinion may be a little biased.

It is a safe, supportive, fun environment to train in. Greg is *very* focused on faithfully transmitting what he has learned from his teachers to each of his students.

I hope you will stop by and give training with us a shot. I am sure you will find yourself most welcome in our dojo.

-Holmes King

Bryan Webb
08-02-2004, 04:15 PM
I have been fortunate enough to train with Greg, and Myers Sensei. You would be very lucky to be a member of the dojo in Montgomery. Besides , Greg is a great guy !!!!!. Not much to look at... but a great guy.

Bryan Webb
Aikido of Birmingham
Birmingham Alabama

Greg Jennings
08-02-2004, 04:28 PM
Not much to look at... but a great guy.

Heh, I resemble that remark!

Thank you for the kind words, Bryan.

Best,

John Canant
08-03-2004, 11:10 AM
Thank all of you so much for your commetns, I have decided that I will go, but not in the near future, I have to get a bit higher up in the Martial Art I'm currently taking before my dad will even take me. But I will go when I can.

Again, thank you.

Greg Jennings
08-03-2004, 12:28 PM
John,

Out of curiosity, how old are you now? We limit membership to teens and adults.

Regards,

John Canant
08-03-2004, 01:38 PM
I am 15 years old.

Greg Jennings
08-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Good deal. I look forward to training with you sometime in the future.

Best regards,

MikeCallender
08-03-2004, 04:26 PM
John
Greg Jennings is a superior role model to learn life-skills from in addition to learning Aikido. I would highly recommend attending his classes and learning from both Greg and Meyers Sensei. Please feel free to have your father contact me, if he requires additional comments. I have been impressed with Greg as a person and a Martial Artist. He gets it! Waiting to get more rank in one art, will not help you learn the lessons he will teach.

Chuck.Gordon
08-03-2004, 04:40 PM
Mike Callender:

Ping me ofline. chuck.gordon@us.army.mil.

Where the hell you BEEN man?

Good to see your typage again.

Chuck

Greg Jennings
08-04-2004, 08:16 AM
Thank you, Mike. I can't think of a better recommendation or person to make it.

Best regards,

jsuaikido
08-05-2004, 04:38 PM
I had the pleasure of working with Mr. Greg Jennings Sensei at one of our seminars, and I can tell you that he is simply inspiring! Go for it! I would DEFINITELY train there if I could! That's good people...an exceptional opportunity for you!

Dennis Hooker
08-06-2004, 08:47 AM
You will be in good company with honest and dedicated folks. I know Greg and he is a nice guy and trains hard. Go for it.

Dennis Hooker
www.shindai.com