PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Everybody

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

CNYMike
07-27-2004, 01:37 AM
My name is Mike, and I live in Cortland, NY, which is ~30 miles south of Syracuse.

I took Aikido for a couple of years back in the '80s, and although I dropped out of that dojo, I always meant to get back into it. I finally did at the end of March.

In addition to Aikido, I am practicing shito-ryu karate, LaCoste-Inosanto Kali, Pentjak Silat Serak, and Tai Chi.

Yeah, I'm probably nuts, but at least I'm keeping myself out of trouble! :D

Respects ....

Mike

Devin McDowell
07-27-2004, 05:40 AM
Hi Mike, welcome to AikiWeb. Out of curiosity, what form of Aikido are you studying?

happysod
07-27-2004, 05:46 AM
Hi Mike,

*do not an answer Devin's question* - it's an old aikido trap

Have fun and read you soon (assuming you have any spare time...)

Devin McDowell
07-27-2004, 08:11 AM
Quiet you! :p

I'm just curious, it is not like I have any alterior motives. evileyes

akiy
07-27-2004, 11:17 AM
Hi Mike,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction!

-- Jun

CNYMike
07-27-2004, 11:55 AM
Thanks for the welcome, everybody!

Hi Mike,

Thanks, because I hadn't a clue which we do -- Sensei is always referring to different styles and variations.

Have fun and read you soon (assuming you have any spare time...)

Good point.

Hormat ...

Mas Mike

(That's the Indonesian way out. :cool: )

CNYMike
07-27-2004, 05:20 PM
In the hours since I posted my last message, I realized that if I didn't explain this, it could create a false impression that would bite me someplace sensitive later. So, by way of explanation:

Hormat ...

"Hormat" means "respect" or "with respect."

Mas Mike

"Mas," IIRC, means "brother," and all it means is that I passed Serak's raw beginner test; it's more or less the rhetorical equivelant of the first belt or rank a new person tests for, whether it's white, yellow, or whatever.

I mentioned this because I didn't want anyone thinking I'm a Pentjak Silat Serak instructor, which is most definitely NOT the case. I wanted to avoid any misunderstandings, especially that my teacher's teacher's wife teaches Aikido, so it could get back to them!

We ok with this?

Sorry about any confusion.

:o

With Respect ....

Mike