View Full Version : Greetings

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Dancing Heron
07-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Hi, all!

Well, I'm 14 years old and kinda new to all this. I've started taking Aikido lessons a few months ago. However, I've been wanting to do some kind of 'martial art' for a few years now.
Anyway, I'm happy I chose Aikido. It really fits me in the way of style and all.
I'm not too known with the names of the techniques and all so I hope to be learning a bit more on these forums (get to know things better, if you prefer) and to just have good time with fellow Aikidoka's.

By the way, I'm training at the Aikidoschool Tendo, Maastricht. It's in the Netherlands. I'm having a great time over there and I'm sure I'll be having a nice time here too. (I just hope my lack of English language doesn't get in the way, but I'm sure you'll forgive me if I write something incorrect ;))

07-26-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi Mathijs,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction!

-- Jun

Ron Tisdale
07-26-2004, 12:06 PM
I'm training at the Aikidoschool Tendo, Maastricht. It's in the Netherlands.

Welcome! One of my teachers, John Stevens was just there I believe. Did you get to train with him?

Dancing Heron
07-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Hi Ron,

No, I didn't had the chance to train along then. I thought it was for advanced students only but I was on vacation back then anyway so I didn't really had the chance to take part in it.

Ron Tisdale
07-27-2004, 09:26 AM
I believe he comes every year...you should plan on being there next year. You won't regret it! I've been lucky enough to catch him on the east coast of the US for about the last 4 years, and its really been worth it!