PDA

View Full Version : Salaam all

Please visit our sponsor:

unique
07-01-2004, 10:43 AM
Salaam means peace, the best way to introduce myself to you all is to wish you peace. Peace with yourselves and with thoes arround you.
I am a Kuwaiti national and have been learning the art of AIKIDO for the past two years. I hope I will be of assistance to this great art and this wonderful forum.

Khalid Allahou
:ai: :ki: :do:

akiy
07-01-2004, 10:51 AM
Hi Khalid,

Welcome, and thank you for your introduction!

-- Jun

Martin Grover
07-02-2004, 02:37 PM
Wa alaikum As-salaam!

An American muslim here. I am wondering how the brothers in Islamic countries deal with the elements of dojo ettiquette that resemble movements in Salaat. A standing bow resembles Rukuh, and a kneeling bow resembles Sujud. Is this a problem for anyone?

I just see it as a matter of niyyah, (intent). I understand that these acts are not acts of worship, therefore I am not guilty of shirk. What is the practice of others?

Allah Hafiz!

Martin

Werner Barnard
07-03-2004, 02:30 PM
Alaykum as-salaam, Khalid

I am resident in Bahrain and would like to continue my Aikido practice. Do you know of any dojo's in the vicinity by any chance?

unique
09-18-2004, 02:45 PM
Wa alaikum As-salaam!

An American muslim here. I am wondering how the brothers in Islamic countries deal with the elements of dojo ettiquette that resemble movements in Salaat. A standing bow resembles Rukuh, and a kneeling bow resembles Sujud. Is this a problem for anyone?

I just see it as a matter of niyyah, (intent). I understand that these acts are not acts of worship, therefore I am not guilty of shirk. What is the practice of others?

Allah Hafiz!

Martin

Salaam All;
Thank you for your reply and input. In response to your question, we - at the Warriors Academy Kuwait - do the bow ( not as the Ruku' were one has to be almost 90 degrees ) and as for the kneeling bow we replaced with the hand gesture and a slight bow of the head.
This was seen and approved by our kancho ( Ted Devlin ) when he paid us a visit March 2004. Hopping this answers your question, please accept my apologies for the belated reply as I was away.

Your brother;

Khalid Allahou.

unique
09-18-2004, 02:49 PM
Alaykum as-salaam, Khalid

I am resident in Bahrain and would like to continue my Aikido practice. Do you know of any dojo's in the vicinity by any chance?

Salaam Werner;
Sorry I am not aware of any in Bahrain, however, you are more than welcome to come to our dojo in Kuwait especially when we have seminars and / or intense courses. I will keep you posted regarding both.

Yours;

Khalid Allahou