PDA

View Full Version : Shishiya sensei in Kiel

Please visit our sponsor:

JJF
06-29-2004, 05:02 AM
Having just returned after four days of vigorous training in Kiel under the direction of Shishiya sensei, I just feel an urge to share the great experience with you all.

This was the fifth time Shishiya sensei taught a seminar in Kiel and while the first four seminars where more or less about basic training, this year both the technical level and the intensity seemed to be raised a level or two.

Every day we practiced Nishio senseis To-ho and various suburi exercises followed by both suwari waza and a long row of ikkyo, nikyo and sankyo from both ushiro ryote tori and sode-tori menuchi attacks.

Now and then it all came together in ken tai ken and ken tai jo excesses, so in the end I felt it had been a wonderful prove of the different aspects of Nishio senseis aikido as it is taught by Shishiya sensei.

Sensei was once again in high spirit and gave a wonderful lecture about the importance of taking care of the weak, thereby becoming an eternal winner. We laughed and practiced a lot and I am already looking forward to see both sensei and all the wonderful Germans again next year.

Thank you for a great seminar.

akiy
06-29-2004, 09:29 AM
Hi Jorgen,

Sounds like you had a good time! Thanks for the seminar review.

-- Jun