PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Peter Seth
06-28-2004, 05:58 AM
:) Hi.
Just to introduce myself. hope to have many interesting discussions, make new connections and friends in the Aiki world.
Background - Age: nearly too old!
Experience - Over 40 years various arts, last 25+aikido.
Club: Sunderland (North East England) University Aikido (Zanshin) Club. (Founder and Senior coach).
Grade: Aikido - Sandan.
Other arts - Various.
Organisations/affiliations. - Kobukan Aikido Association (Senior coach - British Aikido Board/Sports Council approved).
White Rose Aikido Association.

Interests - Many and varied. Written 2 books as yet unpublished (Can't afford it).
'The First Steps' (Illustrated/Photo's guide to Yellow Belt).
'The Far Between' (A book of questions? - about life, M Arts and any thoughts which popped into my head).
Started third - working title 'A bit of a whinge'.

Founder and organiser of The Sunderland International Festival of Martial Arts - An annual event primarily to raise funds for Cancer Research UK, (All proceeds to Cancer Research UK). but also to raise public awareness and interest in Martial Arts. Various Arts take part in a day long demonstration of their arts, has included world champions, masters, very senior exponents of the arts both national and international. Also members young and old of the clubs and organisations take part, this year ages ranged from 6 years to 84 years old. (All participants freely give their time and expertise to take part) reflecting the natural generosity of spirit which can be found in all true martial artists.

My aim/wish is to duplicate this type of event, initially nationally (UK) and eventually world wide to raise funds for Cancer Research and interest /awareness in the Martial Arts.

Anyone interested please contact me and I can give you info on organising events, insurance etc.

Very interested in views on O'sensei's conception, interpretation and vision for Aikido?

Greg Jennings
06-28-2004, 06:18 AM
Welcome to AikiWeb, Peter.

Best regards,

akiy
06-28-2004, 08:53 AM
Hi Peter,

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to the AikiWeb Forums! Nice to have you here.

You may want to start separate threads outside of the Introductions forum for your inquiries, though, as doing so will usually get you more replies...

-- Jun

Ash Scholefield
07-05-2004, 11:33 AM
hey peter, ash here from huddersfield, nice to see you again after your sandan grading, also a pleasure to train with you in dewsbury on sunday 4/7/04. Thanks for the advice before i did my 2nd kyu examination, still got a black eye but at least i passed.

Anyway hope to see you again soon.

Ash, White Rose (HUDDERSFIELD)

mj
07-05-2004, 01:51 PM
Hi Peter and Ash. :)