PDA

View Full Version : Capoeira?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

theblakeman
06-20-2004, 10:43 PM
Does anyone here practice Capoeira? This is a very interesting style to me, even though I doubt I could ever be skilled enough to practice it. Still, very flashy and cool looking...

xuzen
06-21-2004, 12:10 AM
Dear Blake,

Capoeira is the precursor of American Breakdance and is the precursor of current R&B genre. Yeah it sure look good on MTV.

:D
Boon

theblakeman
06-21-2004, 01:20 AM
Dear Blake,

Capoeira is the precursor of American Breakdance and is the precursor of current R&B genre. Yeah it sure look good on MTV.

:D
Boon
It certainly does :rolleyes:

Neil Mick
06-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Does anyone here practice Capoeira? This is a very interesting style to me, even though I doubt I could ever be skilled enough to practice it. Still, very flashy and cool looking...

I practiced it for about 4 1/2 years. Yes, it IS cool, and anyone can do it. Not everyone can do all of the acrobatics, of course, but some of the moves are very easy.

It DOES make incredible physical demands, depending upon how exacting your Mestre, in administering warm-up's (my group usually had to do 1/2 hr of grueling warm-up's, each class. A work-out of 500 kicks, among other tortures, was not unusual).

Still, I'll walk by the occasional roda and I just have to jump in...the Capoeira-bug never quite leaves you. :)

theblakeman
06-21-2004, 04:32 PM
Sounds interesting, the warm-up... I will have to look into is sometime! :D

Neil Mick
06-22-2004, 10:15 PM
If you're interested, this is the website of the group with whom I used to practice:

www.capoeirausa.com

CNYMike
08-24-2004, 12:29 AM
.... the Capoeira-bug never quite leaves you. :)

Funny you should say that -- that's what I've thought about Aikdio. :D :cool: