PDA

View Full Version : Bokken For Short Celings

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Amendes
05-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Has anyone ever herd of a booken thats relativly short (Not a Wakazashi_, but one that feels the same as a booken but doest not have the length for practising indoors.

I would like to practise indoors at home and I am 6feet tall and my celling is 8.

This poses as a problem for booken practise.
I generally just ended up spending alot of time at the dojo. But I wish to practise at home.

I used to practise outside however there is only one strech of area, and I actually wore out the grass in that area and made a path. :D

Marshall Sandoz
05-24-2004, 04:21 PM
Maybe a youth-size bokken would do the trick. E-bogu.com has some on their website and I'm sure other places on the net have similar items to offer. That being said, be forewarned that swinging bokken is an activity that is best suited for outdoors or in open spaces with sufficient overhead clearance. It took me several mishaps to finally realize that outdoor activities (like practicing quick draw) belong outdoors.

BC
05-25-2004, 12:58 PM
Try practicing bokken in suwari waza.

Mark Uttech
05-26-2004, 12:22 PM
[B]Trust yourself. If you want to practice, you'll find a way. I used to go to a park on my lunch hour from work just to practice by a body of water. Maybe it looked curious to some passersby, but I just did the seven suburi (Saito traditional) and went back to work. In gassho, tamonmark