PDA

View Full Version : Aikido Journal's New Forums Software

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

AikiWeb System
05-11-2004, 08:47 AM
It looks like Aikido Journal has "cross-graded" their discussion forums software from UBB to PhpBB. If you haven't visited their forums in a while, you can get to them here (http://www.aikidojournal.com/forums).

akiy
05-12-2004, 04:44 PM
Oops -- I guess I spoke too soon. The latest news from Stanley Pranin is that "Our initial efforts to convert the Aikido Journal bulletin board to a new software program weren't successful the first time around." He says that their bulletin board has been taken down temporarily and they may need a "few more days to sort things out."

I wish the best of luck for the Aikido Journal staff and that their very interesting bulletin board comes back up quickly (and painlessly!)...

-- Jun

SeiserL
05-13-2004, 08:10 AM
Jun,

You are just too cool my friend. The support and mutual respect between AikiWeb and the Aikido Journal (possible competitors) demonstrates that both you and Stan take your Aikido training seriously, personally, and beyond the Dojo doors.

Deepest compliments and appreciation.

BTW: Enjoyed working out with you at Doshu.

akiy
05-13-2004, 10:10 AM
Hi Lynn,

Heh. I, for one, know the pains of upgrading software! I think the only reason why the upgrade here for these forums went so well was that I spent dozens of hours beforehand on a couple of other servers conducting some testing plans that helped me enormously in the (more or less) pain-free upgrade here. It's just something I've learned from my own, personal experience, I guess...

Besides, I know and happen to like Stanley, his group of folks at Aikido Journal, and his website. After all, the more public discussions that we can have on the art, the better!

And, yes, I enjoyed training with you at the seminar with Ueshiba doshu as well.

Regards,

-- Jun