View Full Version : G'day, Jim here

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Jim Evans
04-28-2004, 07:31 AM
Pleased to make everyone's acquaintance and hope to be involved in aikido for years to come. I have always been interested in aikido but unfortunately work has kept me away from any aikido dojos.

I have dabbled with other martial arts and have finally moved to where I can take up aikido which I have been doing for a couple of months now.

I've read posts from other newbies and am glad to find out that I'm not the only one with two left feet :)

I have already gained heaps from this excellent site and will be a regular visitor.

04-28-2004, 08:25 AM
Hi James,

I'm glad the site has given you a lot so far! I hope you'll feel welcome in joining in the discussions. Welcome!

-- Jun

04-28-2004, 09:20 AM
G'day! (Mind if we call you Bruce? Sorry, Monty Python, couldn't help it.)

You have two left feet, huh... as a left-hander, I think I'm jealous. :cool:

Jim Evans
04-28-2004, 02:43 PM
I think I have two left hands too, I feel quite the nuffie.

(a.k.a. Jim)

04-28-2004, 04:37 PM
Welcome. I am brand spanking new to Aikido too and I get to feeling pretty awkward a lot of the time. I try to keep in mind that it takes years to really learn and not be too hard on myself.

You are a couple of months ahead of me, since I am going to class #2 in about 2 hours, so you can always bear in mind that as akward as you may feel, I am probably worse.

04-28-2004, 05:28 PM
G'day mate
I'm Just down the road from you, on the Central Coast. Which Dojo do you train at, is it the Charlestown one. Went to train there once but nobody showed up so ended up doing weapons training down on the lake at Belmont South with a couple of mates.
Welcome to Aikiweb and if your ever in the area Drop in, you will be more than welcome. Good Luck with your Aikido training.
BTW are you going to the Pat Hendricks Seminar in Sydney by any chance maybe I will see you there if I can get the $$ together. Also some time in the near future we may be getting Mic Morelli sensei teaching at our dojo, I will let you know when I have a firm date for that.

Jim Evans
04-29-2004, 01:52 AM
Thanks for all the welcoming replies. G'day Scott, yes I train with Kevin Rees at Charlestown (Mon & Wed) and at Wallsend (Fri). Usually there is a core of regulars plus others but occasionally the classes are small however Kev is very dedicated and the upside is closer tuitition.

Mic Morelli has started coming to the Wallsend dojo once a month and may continue if the numbers/interest is there. He will be there this Friday (tomorrow). As for the seminar, I am unsure if I will be away at work or not, would love to make it though.

I do enjoy looking in on other dojos occasionally so one day I might get down to the Central Coast.

david evans
09-03-2004, 04:20 PM
To Big Brother

How was Darwin? Did you get a chance to train?

From Little Brother