PDA

View Full Version : Hajimemashite, Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu

Please visit our sponsor:

robbsims
04-25-2004, 01:40 AM
Greetings all,

My name is Robb, and I am new to the AikiWeb Forums. I have been practicing Aikikai for the past 10 years in Hakodate, Japan.

I am mostly here in the forums to learn how to put words to my thoughts of Aikido. My Sensei does not use any English in the Dojo, so I am unable to put a voice to my ideas.

I look forward to the experience this forum brings. If I offend anyone, please forgive for it is not my intention. I look forward to hearing from you.

Robert Sims

akiy
04-25-2004, 08:27 AM
Hi Robert,

Welcome to the AikiWeb Forums and thank you for your introduction! I've never been to Hakodate, but hopefully, one ot these years...

-- Jun

Peter Goldsbury
04-25-2004, 09:40 AM
Greetings all,

My name is Robb, and I am new to the AikiWeb Forums. I have been practicing Aikikai for the past 10 years in Hakodate, Japan.

I am mostly here in the forums to learn how to put words to my thoughts of Aikido. My Sensei does not use any English in the Dojo, so I am unable to put a voice to my ideas.

I look forward to the experience this forum brings. If I offend anyone, please forgive for it is not my intention. I look forward to hearing from you.

Robert Sims

Mr Sims,

I have lived for the past 20 years in Hiroshima, which is very far from Hakodate and the furthest north I have been is to Akita. I once had plans to ride a motorbike round Hokkaido, but I never had the time.

Do you plan to come to Tokyo on May 22 for the All-Japan Demonstration? If so, perhaps we can meet. I shall be sitting at the guest table wearing a rosette and looking uncomfortable.

Best regards,

PeterR
04-25-2004, 06:32 PM
Exactly why I started on the forums and exactly why I stay. Welcome.

robbsims
04-25-2004, 09:45 PM
Thank you gentlemen for you kind words.

If you decide to visit hakodate, there are some places you shouldnt miss seeing. The best is the night view from Mt. Hakodate, rated as the 3rd best view in the world. We also have a Saturday night practice from 6pm to 8pm if anyone wants to stop by and train.

To Mr. Goldsbury
I dont know if I will be able to attend the event this year, but I was at the 39th Annual in 2001. The Hakodate Dojo was representing the Hokkaido Aikikai. Next weekend (May 8, 9) I am attending a seminar by Isoyama Hiroshi Shinhan in Sapporo. I have never heard of him and would appreciate any insights into Isoyama Shihan.

Robb Sims