PDA

View Full Version : Shalom and Ikimasho!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

aikibum
04-24-2004, 06:30 AM
Hello to everybody,

My name's Mark Delgado from Denver, CO. I've been going through my "getting used to hakama" phase of aikido training the last 5 months or so. I think the hakama is the greatest, most simple, and most elegant instrument of aikido training O sensei produced.

To me the core of Aikido is learning- from our yudansha (thank you guys! You do an awesome job!), from each other, and from our inner selves. Nice to meet all of you, best of luck with training!

Gambarimasho!

MD
:do:

akiy
04-24-2004, 08:35 AM
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to the AikiWeb Forums!

-- Jun

ze'ev erlich
04-25-2004, 12:54 AM
shalom to you too

PeaceHeather
04-25-2004, 07:52 PM
Ooh, Ze'ev, what a cool image in your "who you are" thing!
Heather

alepkin
04-25-2004, 10:48 PM
hey, shalom. I study aikido for three months at DU two summers ago. Is Edgar Johanson sensei still the instructor there? He was a big influence on me for continuing martial arts now, even though it's not aikido, and I hope to be able to study aikido again sometime.

One of the secret reasons I was interested in aikido in the first place was because I thought the hakama looked badass. :D

PeaceHeather
04-26-2004, 12:49 PM
One of the secret reasons I was interested in aikido in the first place was because I thought the hakama looked badass. :D

So glad to hear I'm not the only one. In our dojo you can't wear the hakama till brown belt (1st kyu) onward, and I'm really looking forward to eventually earning that sucker. It's COOOOOOL. :cool:

Heather