PDA

View Full Version : Foot cramp help

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

dan guthrie
04-23-2004, 09:52 PM
If I don't get to the dojo 10 minutes early and stretch my left foot I usually get a cramp during seiza. Just my left foot, and sometimes it cramps even if I've stretched it before. I keep hoping it'll get better with time but it's been 8 months. I'll live, but if anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate it.

George S. Ledyard
04-24-2004, 01:47 AM
If I don't get to the dojo 10 minutes early and stretch my left foot I usually get a cramp during seiza. Just my left foot, and sometimes it cramps even if I've stretched it before. I keep hoping it'll get better with time but it's been 8 months. I'll live, but if anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate it.

Try the homeopathic remedy called cuprum metallicum. get it in a 30C or 30X potency. It should help with any kind of foot cramping...

The stretching is also important.

kmarie
04-24-2004, 03:14 AM
Boy...I hope some doctors respond. I get cramps on occasion too...my doctor friends suggest either vitamin defincey or poor circulation. Are you getting enough potassium?

kmarie

batemanb
04-24-2004, 09:12 AM
You`re not alone, I get foot cramp during seiza quite often although more so during the winter. I`ve been told it can be caused by poor circulation, something that I suffer from in the legs.

Thanks for the tip George, I`ll give that a try.

rgds

Bryan

John Boswell
04-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Potassium is important, true. Calcium/Magnnisium aka "Cal-Mag" is very important also. Muscles need calcium just as much as bones do. The magnisium helps your body assimilate the calcium and take it into your system. I take a minimum of 500mg during the workout part of the week. I find that when I forget is when I start getting muscle aches and cramps.

Good luck!

Shakahl
04-24-2004, 08:05 PM
Have yo ever considered using warmed tiger balm to massage your foot before you stretch it. The heat is good for loosening up the mucsles and Tiger Balm is always good for muscle problems. I've also had success with Eucalyptus oil when topically applying it to areas.

-Good luck

Alan Lomax
04-25-2004, 12:05 PM
Along with all of the other good advice, you may consider finding a competent Acupuncturist. I was experiencing some aches and pains I just could not get rid of. A friend of mine told me of how his visits to the Acupuncture Clinic had left him feeling great. I tried it out and was happily surprised at just how well I felt after the treatment.

Regards

dan guthrie
04-27-2004, 08:00 AM
I asked my doctor about calcium supplements, for night cramps, and he advised against it (they went away on their own). I drink V8, milk and eat a salad for dinner on a fairly regular basis (I'm not dieting, I just started doing it about 3 months ago because it tastes good). I'll try the homeopathic stuff next. Thanks!