PDA

View Full Version : Cops.

Please visit our sponsor:

DiNalt
01-25-2001, 10:31 AM
Hi all,

I find myself sometimes watching Cops on late-night TV.
It gives me this warm feeling inside...

But more to the point, last night there was a "special edition" of Cops, where they were showing Hong Kong police doing a pimp or drug bust... frankly I didn't care, I just noticed that the Chinese policemen came up to the sitting people, and in order to get them to the ground fast, they did ... an iriminage.

Which caused the person in question to promptly fall off the chair and hit the ground face down as desired.

:)

Just a random bit there.

Brian Vickery
01-25-2001, 12:31 PM
DiNalt wrote:
Hi all,

I find myself sometimes watching Cops on late-night TV.
It gives me this warm feeling inside...

I saw an episode of 'COPS' a few months back, and what really caught my attention was a drunken suspect being processed in the station suddenly raising his fist high over his head and striking the officier who was trying to finger-print him. It was a textbook 'shomenuchi' strike. I can't even count the times that newbies have told me that they'd NEVER be attack in such a fashion, nobody would EVER strike them like that & we were wasting time with such an attack ...and here it was on national TV.

The response of the officer was even more startling. He saw it coming, and all was able to do was cover his head with both his hands and cringe! He took the blow full force on his hands & head! After that a couple other cops jumped in with him taking the attacker to the ground.

I have a whole different perspective on shomenuchi strikes now!