PDA

View Full Version : Hi-Diddley-Ho.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Fudo_Tai
03-18-2004, 09:11 PM
I'm new here, sortof - I've only posted here once or twice some time ago, so I figure it only proper to re-introduce myself.

My name is David Chapman, from Washington State - I get together with a group of people in local parks around my area to train and compare ideas, we call ourselves the Spokane Budo Circle since we all have varied backgrounds and some of us train in Chinese Martial Arts.
The main thing we study is Aikido, because the person that has trained in Budo the longest (26 years) has trained under his grandfather in Aikido, so we look at him as the senior instructor.

I myself am the second most experienced in the group, having trained in Goju Ryu Karate-Do for about thirteen years, though I don't Teach many people. I have, for the most part, dedicated myself to study and comparison of Goju Ryu and Kattasse Sensei's Aikido.
I hold no formal rank outside of Goju Ryu, but I have trained in Aikido before I met Kattasse Sensei, for about three years when my Goju Teacher and I were heading a program out of a Ki Society Dojo.
I've also gained experience in Kendo, Iaido and Bojutsu as the weapons complement to my empty handed practice.
I also did a stint of six months in Brazillian Jujutsu, but found it wasn't for me, so I ended up dropping out with nothing more than a beginner's taste, which was enough for me to decide I did not want to do it.

Anyways, I look forward to some good discussion - please forgive my ignorance on a lot of things.
I shall never claim to be an expert, I shall ask many annoying questions over and over again and I shall often refer to the moron in the mirror as hindering my progress.lol!

akiy
03-19-2004, 10:55 AM
Hi David,

Thank you for your introduction! And welcome to the AikiWeb Forums.

-- Jun