PDA

View Full Version : Structural Questions

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

REK
01-17-2001, 01:49 PM
Hey folks, we may be looking at a restructuring of our dojo's "administration" Can anyone provide sources of guidance for managing and "growing" a dojo? I am open to any suggestions from the most basic to the most arcane. We may need to start again from the ground up. Thanx in advance for your time and attention.

With baited breath,

Rob

Dan Hover
02-11-2001, 07:02 PM
get a good billing and attendance tracking system. Sometimes you have to be hardnosed when it comes to finances, and we all hate it. I was at the Y just for lifting and working out, and they had a system where my membership fee($25) was automatically deducted, worked for me, and it was more of an incentive to go, as that money would be gone regardless of whether I went or not. Also If I wanted to quit, I would have to go down in person to cancel, instead of just not showing up anymore. Maybe someone else has this system already in place at their school and can tell you any success or failures with it.

tedehara
02-13-2001, 01:37 PM
REK wrote:
Hey folks, we may be looking at a restructuring of our dojo's "administration" Can anyone provide sources of guidance for managing and "growing" a dojo? I am open to any suggestions from the most basic to the most arcane. We may need to start again from the ground up. Thanx in advance for your time and attention.

With baited breath,

Rob

One of the approaches that I've seen used is to offer an introductory class for just beginners. This usually lasts 6-8 weeks and has 1-2 classes per week. This gives the beginner some Aikido experience, without committing to a month's worth of dues or buying a gi.

If you can, try and get associated with a community group and see if you can get your classes mentioned in their mailing list. This will save you the time, trouble and money associated with advertising. Your association with a community group will also give you credibility to your potential students.

An example of the above could be having classes with a local Park District and having your classes in their fieldhouse, advertised along with other Park District classes.

Good Luck!
:)

REK
02-13-2001, 02:26 PM
Thanx, folks. These are good suggestions. This is a hard area to talk about. Thanks again.

Rob

The Piranah
03-05-2001, 03:57 AM
how about setting up a small wesbite, even one run via for example angelfire
http://www.angelfire.com can provide publicity, and if you go to http://www.submitexpress.com you can list your site with loads of search engines. Just a thought from a green belt