View Full Version : Orlando dojos! I'm looking for an invite!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Kelly Allen
11-06-2003, 04:23 AM
Hi all!

I am planning a family trip to Orlando Florida. I would like to visit an Aikido dojo while I'm there. Would anyone like to extend an invitation? I have been training for a year and a half in Shin Shin Toitsu. Don't know if that makes a difference to any one who may invite me. I haven't booked a spacific time yet but it will be in around the end of January or the begiining of February.

11-06-2003, 08:28 AM
I would recommend you visit Dennis Hooker's dojo, Shindai Aikikai. A beautiful dojo filled with very nice and capable practitioners. I've visited there a couple times and was always made to feel welcome.

Larry Feldman
11-06-2003, 09:09 PM
Try the Dojo Search Engine on this site.

I have heard good things about Mr. Hooker (and enjoy his posts), as well.

Since you are practicing Shin Shin Toitsu, you might want to check out the Kodokai dojo as I believe they are ex-Ki Society.

David Wyatt
11-26-2003, 11:14 AM
Hello Kelly!

Our Dojo is always open to visitors. Please feel free to stop by. By the way, the Dojo is close to the Orlando International Airport. Here is the dojo information:

Aikido Tenshinkai of Florida, Inc.

4538 Curry Ford Road

Orlando, FL 32812

Sensei Jose Andrade - Chief Instructer

We have classes 7 days a week. The times are 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Mon. through Fri. and 10:00 a.m. through 11:00 a.m. Sat. and Sun.

I hope that you have a chance to stop by!

Kelly Allen
11-27-2003, 01:23 AM
Thanks David I might just do that.

Jesse Lee
12-02-2003, 03:06 PM
If I was heading to Orlando I would make a bee-line for Roy Suenaka's school. He wrote "Complete Aikido," one of my favorite Aikido books. I would love to see his style of aikido, first-hand.

Alex Cox
12-16-2003, 03:24 PM
Hey Kelly!

I would agree with Jesse and tell you to visit Shihan Sonny at Orlando Wadokai. He is a great guy and a wonderful instructor. :)

Our Winter Camp is the first weekend of February though, so depending on the time frame of your visit, the dojo may be closed.