PDA

View Full Version : Hello all!

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Upstanding Dragon
09-29-2003, 06:52 PM
Hello all,

I'm a new member here, been visiting and reading Aikiweb for a couple of years now, only now finally joining the wonderful forums :)

I don't actually study Aikido, however I'm very interested in doing so in the future at one point.
It interests me a lot, I enjoy learning about it.

I study Bujinkan Ninjutsu / Budo Taijutsu, also studied traditional Jujutsu based around Aiki jutsu.

Look forward to learning a lot from you all.

Best wishes!

Stefan Johnson

Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Amassus
09-29-2003, 10:06 PM
Hello Stefan and welcome.

I don't post much in here but I find the forums informative and useful.

Although they are second to the advice of my sensei and sempai, it is nice to have outside perspectives.

;)

akiy
09-29-2003, 10:14 PM
Hi Stefan,

Thank you for your introduction and welcome to the AikiWeb Forums!

-- Jun

PhilJ
09-29-2003, 11:30 PM
Hi Stefan!

I know some folks around my area who also study Bujinkan. They work very well with us in aikido when they can make it, and often find it helps their techniques.

But, sadly, they won't teach us any disappearing tricks. ;) (They LOVE it when we tease them about that)

*Phil

aoerstroem
09-30-2003, 02:30 AM
Hello Stefan and welcome :)

I have a question for you, sorry if its a little OT :)

But here goes: I remember reading something about 4 stances in Ninjutsu, where one of them were called water, and supopsedly had some similarities to aikido. Something to do with blending with the aggressor etc. Is that so? Or did I get that wrong? :)

bluwing27
09-30-2003, 06:15 AM
Hello Stefan! Fellow north-eastener!

Glad you started posting on the forums!

Where abouts do you train in Bujinkan Ninjutsu / Budo Taijutsu? I have a friend that trains in Ninjutsu at Consett (sorry dont know what style or anything im a little clueless about those things...sorry! :freaky: )

I train in Aikido in Newcastle (Eldon Square and Gosforth) and many other places around the north-east and I also teach in Chester-le-Street.

Here is our website...

www.aikidonortheast.com

Maybe i'll bump into you sometime :)

Have fun on the forums!

Chris

Upstanding Dragon
09-30-2003, 04:34 PM
Thank you all for the warm welcome :)

Philip, yeah I find Taijutsu flows really nicely, how I imagine Aikido would.

haha, disapearing :) yeah, its all great fun, was at a JKD seminar a couple of months ago, and some guys asked what I studied, and when I told them, they asked if I had learnt to climb trees yet ;) haha!

Alexander, not sure of a 'water stance' as such, there's over a dozen basic stances, and some more than others reflect a water posture, but I think you could use all the stances to reflect any of the elements, chi, sui, ka, fu & ku.

Thanks,

Stefan

Upstanding Dragon
09-30-2003, 04:41 PM
Hiya Chris!

How are you?

I train at the Advanced Fighting Centre on Highbridge under John Atkin.

Thats a really nice site! I didn't realise Aikido was taught in Eldon Square.

Yeah, hopefully meet with you sometime!

Best wishes!

Stefan