PDA

View Full Version : Intro

Please visit our sponsor:

bca333
09-21-2003, 07:43 AM
Greetings to all. I have enjoyed this forum, as well as this site in general, for quite a while now, but have never really posted.
As a little background: I've trained in Aikido since 95, first in Washington DC and then in Nashville TN. I am now in Korea where there are no dojos unless you can get down to Seoul, but I have put together a small "club" of sorts. We work on techniques, but I do not profess to be an instructor. We do enjoy training, however.

Anyway, don't mean to get long-winded. Just wanted to say hello; looking forward to getting active in the forum.

asiawide
09-21-2003, 08:40 AM
There are some aikido dojos outside of Seoul. If you let me know your place, maybe I can find some for you. :)

Jaemin

bca333
09-21-2003, 01:34 PM
Jaemin, thanks for the offer. I am living in Camp Hovey, just outside of Toko Ri and Tongduchon. I've been meaning to get down to Seoul, but it can be a complicated process even for just a weekend. Once again, thanks.

Brad

asiawide
09-21-2003, 05:32 PM
There is no aikido dojo in Tongducheon. But you can go to Yongsan aikikai in US army camp.

http://www.geocities.com/yongsanaikikai/index.html

Jaemin

Adrian Smith
09-22-2003, 04:09 AM
There is no aikido dojo in Tongducheon. But you can go to Yongsan aikikai in US army camp.

http://www.geocities.com/yongsanaikikai/index.html

Jaemin
I trained there this last Saturday. A really nice group of people. Rupert Atkinson sensei and Joe Bowen sensei. I have their contact info if anyone wants it.

-drin

bca333
09-22-2003, 12:50 PM
Adrian:

Contact info would be appreciated. Of course, all the really good stuff is south of Area I. I could probably wade through 100 lbs of red tape get down there once in a while. Thanks.

Brad

Adrian Smith
09-22-2003, 07:08 PM
Adrian:

Contact info would be appreciated. Of course, all the really good stuff is south of Area I. I could probably wade through 100 lbs of red tape get down there once in a while. Thanks.

Brad
Brad: I'm sitting at the Seoul airport right now and don't have it handy but I'll post it once I get back to Japan.

-drin

JeffBayard
09-26-2003, 08:31 AM
Bradford,

I had to laugh at your comment in your first post on this thread. "Long-winded"?! Have you happened to spot any of MY posts? (chuckling!) If so, you might still be reading!

For what it's worth, I'm happy to read what people post, so I say type-away!

Good luck with your Aikido pursuits in Korea, including the club you put together!

~ Jeff