PDA

View Full Version : in or out

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Paula Lydon
08-31-2003, 10:11 AM
~~Are you more extroverted or introverted and how does this face effect your Aikido learning/practice?

~~i.e.,I'm more of an introvert and so don't care much who I train with or even where or what MA. I'm studying myself inside and how I'm figuring out (or not) principles of movement. I need very little 'hand-holding' or praise, etc. I do a lot of study on my own, not just what I get in the dojo.

~~That sort of thing. So why do I reach out and post regularily here if I'm an introvert? More foder to internalise and examine, I guess, and an unbounded curiosity. Introverted does not = antisocial :D

opherdonchin
08-31-2003, 12:14 PM
I'm more of an extrovert. That means that I was always eager to teach -- well before I was really ready -- and that the road to learning to when NOT to teach has been, so far, a long one.

I don't know whether it's about being an extrovert or an introvert, but I really care who I work out with. I try not to 'play favorites', but it sure does affect my Aikido experience.

sanosuke
08-31-2003, 11:19 PM
i'm always open for discussion and critics because i believe other people point of view is sometimes useful to correct ourself.

PhilJ
09-01-2003, 10:23 PM
I'm definitely an introvert by nature, but at times -- very VERY extroverted (some here who know me could agree). Maybe bipolar, but that's such a Year 2000 buzzword, who knows. :)

My approach is different -- I tend to focus on my skills and deficiencies and try to enhance them. I also focus on what I can use to help other people. My training, I guess, samples both sides of that coin then.

And, introverts especially like the internet. :)

*Phil

SeiserL
09-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Introvert.

Lan Powers
09-03-2003, 11:31 PM
Introverted........but still fairly gregarious......being introverted may affect a persons analytical approach to learning. ( i need to spend time in thought on techniques )

I like the point Paula made of "studying myself inside" That seems very in tune with my own veiwpoint.

Hopefully I will be able to continue to develope into a more "harmonious" person.

Lan

:freaky:

adriangan
09-04-2003, 12:03 AM
introvert

Kensai
09-04-2003, 10:59 AM
EXTROVERT!

I would say that I want to run before I can walk, so I know my fault in that respect, also I act on it. I make myself listen and train as taught, which finally I think is taking effect on the first few forms I've done.

But when it comes to free practice I really go for it, lots of techniques and variations, I guess my personallity shows more. Also I'm alot more relaxed and as such extend more Ki, so my technique is better, well I think so anyway.

I think Aikido caters for both.

Kevin Masters
09-05-2003, 01:36 PM
A wannabe extrovert.

feh.

I show up. I train. Once in a while I make personal connections or I beat myself up later if I don't.

Kevin.