PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Montana?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

taylor
08-25-2003, 12:28 AM
My family is relocating next summer, thinking of Missoula, Bozeman, somewhere in Montana as definite possibilites.
I would love to hear from anyone living there, as to what the scene is like.
Lorraine and I are both into aikido, meditation, organic gardening, homeschooling, biking/hiking, music, esp. bluegrass.
She's finishing her Doctorate of Naturopathy here in OR, so we're looking at those states with the most open practice laws, MT being at the top.

Thanks for any info!
-Taylor

camel
08-25-2003, 02:17 AM
Taylor,

I lived in Montana from the time I was eleven until I graduated from college. It is a wonderful state, and has some great aikidojo as well. Missoula and Bozeman each have an excellent ASU-affiliated aikikai style dojo. I can personally vouch for the Bozeman dojo, Big Sky Aikikai, as it is the dojo where I used to train. Check out their website at: www.bozemanaikido.com

Welcome to Montana!

Brett

akiy
08-25-2003, 10:57 AM
Hi Taylor,

I don't know about Bozeman since I haven't been there, but I've visited Missoula and have found it to be a nice place. Some folks think of it like what Boulder was twenty years ago... Raso Hultgren sensei teaches in Missoula. I was hoping to stop off there next month for Saotome sensei but it looks like finances will keep me from going, unfortunately...

Hope you and Lorraine are doing well.

-- Jun

taylor
08-25-2003, 11:36 AM
We're doing well, Jun.

Our little girl, Morgan ihad her 2nd b-day last June; she's becoming a little kid.

The other day she was in the backyard, crosslegged, palms up on her knees, saying "My make a difference, my make a difference," over and over (she says "my" for "I"). No idea where she got it from, but it was really sweet.

I think she's getting ready for something!

Lorraine's one her last leg of school here, taking her boards next August, so we're starting to look around....

Hope all is well with you. This site is pretty polished. Very nice.

Erik
08-25-2003, 12:59 PM
Don't know squat about Montana, or how close this would be to you, but if I were there I'd give this place a thought.

http://www.lastchanceaikido.com/