PDA

View Full Version : Morihiro Saito - Traditional Aikido

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

harstr
07-28-2003, 12:15 AM
Hi There,

I've been looking for Saito Sensei's books on the internet. I'm looking for Traditional Aikido - Vol. 1-5 and Takemusu Aidido - Vol. 1-5.

They seem to be out of print. Does anyone know if I can get them somewhere?

TIA,

Robin van der Harst

Greg Jennings
07-28-2003, 10:01 AM
Traditional Aikido is out of print and has been for years. Good luck finding a set. Keep you eyes open on e-bay and the rare book sites and be prepared to set down your satchel to buy them.

Takemusu Aikido, except for the first volume should be available through http://www.aikidojournal.com/ . The first volume is available, but I believe only in all-Nihongo.

Regards,

Chris Raywood
07-28-2003, 10:29 PM
Robin,

If it is any help, go to www.barnesandnoble.com, and click the "used" book tab. They're showing two used books in stock at this moment. Good luck!

Chris

harstr
07-28-2003, 11:48 PM
Okay Thanks...

I didn't know Traditional Aikido was out of print for years.

Greg, sorry, but what is all-nihongo?

Thanks Chris, I will check it out...

Robin

batemanb
07-29-2003, 01:02 AM
Greg, sorry, but what is all-nihongo?
Written in Japanese language(Nihongo) only.

batemanb
07-29-2003, 01:07 AM
Robin,

If it is any help, go to www.barnesandnoble.com, and click the "used" book tab. They're showing two used books in stock at this moment. Good luck!

Chris
Have you seen the prices at Barnes and Noble :eek:!!

Chris Raywood
07-29-2003, 11:17 PM
Bryan

Yes, I have seen the prices, and they are more than I like to spend on any publication. However, I was just trying to help Robin out in the only way I knew. I'll let him decide how he wishes to spend his money.

With best regards,

Chris

harstr
07-29-2003, 11:36 PM
I've seen the prices too, and it wasn't really what I was planning to spend! :)

I talked to my teacher and he has the complete set and was happy to lend it to me, so I guess that'll have to do.

But thanks anyway...

batemanb
07-30-2003, 12:47 AM
There's a guy over on Aikido Journal who has a complete set for sale signed by Saito Sensei.

http://65.119.177.201/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=9&t=001839