PDA

View Full Version : Matrix Bunraku Uploaded

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Don_Modesto
07-19-2003, 03:17 PM
This is from an annual New Year's show/contest in Japan. It's excellent. It's not alone in this; many of the vignettes come up to the same standard. It's a shame that the videos aren't marketed. Enjoy.

http://mlug.missouri.edu/~iscott/pingpong.wmv

ze'ev erlich
07-19-2003, 03:32 PM
f a n t a s t i c !!!!!

mj
07-19-2003, 04:12 PM
Wonderful :)

thx for the link.

(best to right click it an 'save target')

Jeff Tibbetts
07-22-2003, 11:13 AM
wait a minute... isn't bunraku puppet theatre? Or do they call it bunraku because they're manipulating the ball as a character? I just thougth that it was more like a modern sort of kabuki variation. I think both traditions have the stage-hands in the black suits, don't they? Please let me know if I'm wrong, now it's bugging me.

Don_Modesto
07-22-2003, 03:33 PM
wait a minute... isn't bunraku puppet theatre? Or do they call it bunraku because they're manipulating the ball as a character? I just thougth that it was more like a modern sort of kabuki variation. I think both traditions have the stage-hands in the black suits, don't they? Please let me know if I'm wrong, now it's bugging me.
I called it that because the players are carried around by characters in black just like puppets are in BUNRAKU.

Thalib
07-23-2003, 12:18 PM
I can't stop watching it... kept watching it over and over... it's addictive...

I saw a bit of it on TechTV... on Screen Savers I think... but I never thought it was going to be that COOL...

Goye
07-23-2003, 02:24 PM
Great!,.. Every Body in my office has been having fun because of the video fur an hour!

:D

Eric Joyce
07-23-2003, 04:42 PM
I cant seem to get the mpeg. It's asking for a username and password.

Don_Modesto
07-24-2003, 09:36 AM
I cant seem to get the mpeg. It's asking for a username and password.
I'm technically DEclined but the term "firewall" comes to mind: Are you surfing from behind one? I don't even get a web page when I click, just the WMP...

Better luck next time...