PDA

View Full Version : Aiki Expo?

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

SeiserL
07-11-2003, 09:07 AM
Anyone else going to the Aiki Expo, September 19-21 in Las Vegas?

akiy
07-11-2003, 11:24 AM
I'm planning on being there again...

-- Jun

kironin
07-11-2003, 01:35 PM
I am going. Last year was a lot of fun. I have registered but still thinking about what to do about a hotel.

Looking forward to seeing Imaizumi Sensei since he was my teacher's teacher before he left the Ki Society.

Be happy to say hello to people from the list.

Jun, you going to have an aikiweb table again ?

I think I need an aikiweb pen. :)

Craig

akiy
07-11-2003, 01:51 PM
Hi Craig,

I'm not too sure yet if I'll have an AikiWeb table again this year. Last year's schedule at the Aiki Expo didn't really permit me much time to be present there (since I was a bit busy training and such). Also, I was surprised at the end of the weekend that I had to pay for the table space since, initially, I received a piece of e-mail "offering" me the table space without any mention of my having to pay for it. I'll have to get more information prior to the event regarding vendor space and such beforehand.

I'll be happy to bring you an AikiWeb pen, Craig. I think I have a cheap Bic pen, some masking tape, and a Sharpie marker somewhere here...

-- Jun

PS: Imaizumi sensei is a lot of fun. Yes, I did do an interview with him last summer which I have yet to translate/transcribe. I need more days in a week!

Choku Tsuki
07-11-2003, 02:28 PM
I enjoyed last years expo. The big reason to go this year is Systema; I'm staying home.

So I hope there'll be many Systema posts from those who go to the Expo and try it out. But I really want to weigh what the present skeptics post here after experiencing it first hand.

I'll save my money and go next year.

--Chuck