PDA

View Full Version : Flexibility Training

Please visit our sponsor:

Kyle
06-23-2003, 12:00 AM
Hello all, My name is Kyle Krysik. I am a 17 yar old with a keen interest in the warrior lifestyle, and particular atraction to Aikido and various sord arts in particular, though my under-developed area provides only a lack of training sources. For now I am gaining a primative knowledge of the arts, and have recently begun strongly getting into the proper training of my body in general terms. My first concern is with flexibility and speed. I wish to learn about te very best methods for me to gain what I need for my body and future lifestyle. In particular, I am wondering if Yoga, an such things are very beneficial to someone in my situation. Are there practices like the previously stated that will truely be in my best interest as one seeking speed and flexibility? Or,are there simply specific methods that should be employed, such as crtan stretching. Who else can I approach wth my questions; personal trainers, martial arts instructors, athletic authorities? Any comments on the subject are much appreciated, as I come here knowing that thre is no doubt a wealth of knowledge and experience with the readers. Thank You.

Kyle
06-23-2003, 12:02 AM
Pardon my typos, this keyboard isn't what it used to be.

Kyri Honigh
06-28-2003, 12:22 PM
Hey man!

Well I also am enthusiastic about everything involving bushido and such.But you should know that flexibility and speed isn't everything.To develop ur mentioned qualities, I'd train in a martial art and from thereof try to find exercises that work for me.The amazing speed the great masters possess is mostly timing and not "muscle speed".Good luck with your training!!

P.s I'm 17 too, hehehe