PDA

View Full Version : Complusive testing.

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Kensai
06-02-2003, 11:29 AM
This is the second installment of wierd things that I do in relation to Aikido. My first being the addition of second effects to my Aikido. My second is perhaps more entertaining......

I dont know about other aikido styles but in Ki Aikido we do a series of tests by trying to move peoples minds or balance by touching their shoulders, head, arms...... when they are in a series of postures. This is to ensure that they are relaxed and moving with mind and body coordination. When on the mat, esepcially when people are warming up, I feel the need to do these tests. However, the more worring side is that I have to consiously stop my self testing the 35 year old father of 2 as he stands in a que at tesco's!

Does anyone else have this issue?

kensparrow
06-02-2003, 03:19 PM
Note to self: When traveling in the UK, avoid Tesco's!

Kensai
06-02-2003, 04:37 PM
LMAO!

Daniel Blanco
06-02-2003, 04:44 PM
CHRIS I AGREE WITH YOUR TESTING OR A VERY GOOD STRETCH WARMUP TO MAKE SURE ALL STUDENTS ARE PROPERLY LOOSE AND WARMED UP BUT BOTH WAYS ARE GOOD AND SAFE BECAUSE YOU KNOW WE ALL MUST BE WARMED UP AND LOOSE BEFORE A WORKOUT.

Lan Powers
06-02-2003, 10:05 PM
Daniel......drop the caps, please. :)

Lan

Daniel Mills
06-03-2003, 01:37 AM
We have a 24hour Tesco's opposite the dojo where I train. Last Wednesday it was decided that a few friends and I would pop across after training to, on my insistance, buy soy milkshake :)

Imagine if you will three dogi'd up people waltzing into a supermarket, walking around picking up things, then standing waiting to pay..

Who needs Ki tests when crowds of people will part like that? :D

;)

Ta Kung
06-03-2003, 01:53 AM
Imagine if you will three dogi'd up people waltzing into a supermarket, walking around picking up things, then standing waiting to pay..

My dear old grandmother would be convinced they were out to pick fights. She also told me that martial arts only teaches people how to kill one and other. I think that's why I'm stil practising. :D

/Patrik

PS. Not really.

Daniel Mills
06-03-2003, 02:12 AM
Kill people? COOL! :D

PS. Aw.