PDA

View Full Version : Equilibrium

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

Usagi Yojimbo
05-26-2003, 07:02 PM
I just felt compelled to say that Equilibrium is one of the best movies I've seen. Anyone else's thoughts upon it? Oh, and Gun Kada owns on twelve different levels. It owns so much, spelling doesn't matter! I also liked watching em use a lil Aikido in there, and in the Matrix, heh heh heh.

paw
05-26-2003, 08:14 PM
Equilibrium is a fine movie. Thoughtful plot, well acted.

Gun Kata was a unique idea, and within the context of the movie, worked very well, lending itself to very interesting action scenes. Well worth tracking down for fans of intelligent action films.

Regards,

Paul

SeiserL
05-26-2003, 09:16 PM
Enjoyed. ;-)

Thalib
05-27-2003, 01:18 AM
It's one of those either "you-love-it" or "you-hate-it" movies. I do predict that this movie will become a cult classic. It will have its fans and it will have its haters.

When I saw this thread I was hoping that it would a discussion on "The Gun Kata", which is the only part that make this movie worthwhile watching. The plot was boring though, been used over and over in different forms in different movies.

I don't care what people say about "The Gun Kata", it's just way too cool...

Jeff Tibbetts
05-27-2003, 05:22 PM
I just rented this to see the gun kata, and I have to admit it was an extremely cool concept. I'm glad that it was as big a part of the movie as it was. The kendo and other swordwork was pretty lame, really. And I hate it when people skip the details, like everyone wearing their swords upside down, and even on the sword stand. As a matrix clone, it wasn't too bad overall. Some good ideas in there, and some decent philosophy, if a little borrowed from books like Brave New World. Oh, and there was actually a bit of Aikido in there, but it was really more like the Aikijutsu that you find in movies and games. Actually I shold also mention that the kung fu gunfight duel in the end was really really interesting. I've never seen that done in quite that manner, great execution.

Neil Mick
05-29-2003, 10:15 PM
Good martial concept, fun action scenes, the plot was predictable and dragged in the middle, the lead (forget his name) was perfect for his face, the love interest was pretty silly (altho I liked the bit where his kids come through for him, in the end).

Abasan
05-30-2003, 09:01 AM
Arghhh. Equilibrium? Whats that? When did it come out?