PDA

View Full Version : this week's polls

Please visit our sponsor:

AikiWeb Sponsored Links - Place your Aikido link here for only $10!

guest1234
11-10-2000, 12:21 AM
i hope with the close vote in this week's polls, we won't have a recount, or hear recriminations on how it might have been if the shuto wasn't included... :)

colleen annes

akiy
11-10-2000, 09:21 AM
I tried to make the choices nice and clearly in different rows. Let me know if the ballot was confusing, though. Luckily, other websites haven't yet decided on the winner and posted projections that may or may not be true by the morning.

But, whatever happens, please don't sue me.

-- Jun

Nick
11-10-2000, 02:56 PM
actually, from what I hear, those who voted for the bo actually meant to vote for the jo, and many of their votes were thrown out. The residents of Aikiweb are demanding a revote.

Nick

crystalwizard
11-10-2000, 05:46 PM
Nick wrote:
The residents of Aikiweb are demanding a revote.

The computer knows everything. The Computer is your friend.....The computer tallies the votes...The computer is always right (sneaks off cackling insanely)

SmilingNage
11-10-2000, 05:58 PM
i believe there is a recount going on. so we are waiting for the fla users to re count as they have some over seas absentee ballots coming in.

guest1234
11-10-2000, 10:42 PM
since i see now that my weapon choice, the bokken,, is leading by 4%, and only 3% went to the bo, i cannot understand why the jo contingency does not just admit defeat... :)

andrew
11-11-2000, 12:27 PM
ca wrote:
i hope with the close vote in this week's polls, we won't have a recount, or hear recriminations on how it might have been if the shuto wasn't included... :)

colleen annes

Em... What is a Shoto, actually? Is it a dagger? (I'm guessing that because tanto isn't listed as a choice...)
Sure I could look it up, but there's loads of people who'll be happy to do my thinking for me.
andrew

Nick
11-11-2000, 01:15 PM
Shoto is another term for wakizashi... daisho means big/small, consisting of the daito (big sword) and shoto (small sword) known more commonly as katana and wakizashi.

-Nick